Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Oakville, Ontario , L6K 3C6
Kerr Street Mission (KSM)
Kerr Street Mission (KSM) is a Christian charity dedicated helping the community of Oakville care for low-income and at-risk families and youth, by coming alongside families in distress and helping them get to a healthier more sustainable situation and by developing youth so they do not end up in poverty.
KSM provides a place where people can gather and find help. It brings people together to serve and be served, facilitates the communities’ response to the needs of families and individuals in distress, and creates opportunity for God’s love and compassion to be shared in practical and tangible ways.
KSM serves low income and at-risk families, at-risk youth, and local churches and other groups committed to serving the families and/or youth in need.
Our faith in Jesus Christ, and the love and compassion we have received from Him motivates us to have love and compassion for others. We believe every person is created in the image of God and is loved and valued by Him. We work with people of all faiths, without discriminating, proselytizing or condition.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and customer liaison of the (re)launch of a Fresh Food Box Program across Halton. This position is responsible for the oversight, responsibility, and accountability of the program. This will include administrative duties, communication with partners, and ongoing program development during the (re)launch of the initiative. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining ownership of the project to completion including the transfer of responsibilities to members of the Kerr Street Mission, Food Services team.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Program Management
- Oversee the (re)launch of a Fresh Food Box initiative across the Halton Region
- Oversee the relationship building with community partners who participated in the “Halton Fresh Food Box” initiative
- Initiate relationship building with new potential community partners who will benefit from participating in the Food Box initiative.
- Plan and direct the feedback gathering and needs assessment from past participants.
- Liaise with existing and future potential partners to ensure that all project files and documents have been received to have the necessary background scope to start the project
- Collaborate with KSM team to develop necessary policies and procedures
- Provide supervision, direction, and support to those leading and executing the “Fresh Food Box” initiative
- Provide feedback and training as necessaryOngoing management of the processes to ensure working efficiency and identify solutions to improve the program where necessary. This includes ongoing evaluation of programming and processes that are put in place to support clients
- Build the capacity and capability of Community Partners:
- Act as a liaison and representative of KSM within the community
- Establish and nurture relationships with community service providers in Halton Region to support clients participating in the “Fresh Food Box” initiative
- Collaborate with community partners within Halton to support the most vulnerable in our community
- Provide customers/partners with order confirmations and delivery schedules
- Business processes and sustainability
- Establish and build a team of volunteers that can support you in your processes
- Developing and managing the budget and strategic planning for the program
- Collaborate with KSM Senior Management to write and apply for grants, which includes the completion of reporting requirements.
- Set up all necessary project information in the appropriate organization and business systems
- Development of communications: newsletters, updates and annual reports, brochures & advertisements.
- Supervise and maintain accurate written/electronic records, including assessments, special education documentation, screening instruments, anecdotal observations, documents for all transitions and other required forms
- Maintain project information in appropriate folders on the organizational server
- Complete and submit required monthly reports. Analyze data for trends, patterns and needs of families for monthly reports, parent training, and advocacy activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times
- Provide information and support for various grants.
- Attends all trainings, staff meetings, and project management meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Support
- Assess all new and existing needs, to identify how best we can support clients through this initiative.
- As part of the assessment process, you will be required to:
- Establish a process for building relationships (trust and influence), and for getting a clearer understanding of specific situations and needs; this includes identifying clients/client profile that would benefit from the program/initiative
- Liaise with internal and external partners to proactively resolve program related issues
- Liaise with suppliers and the KSM Food Donation Management and Procurement Specialist, to ensure correct products, quantity, price, and delivery schedules.
- A humble heart.
- An ability to work effectively with people and build teamwork and strong relationships.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Ability to liaise with donors and partners.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Project management experience is a definite asset.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, have high attention to detail, and be adaptable.
- Problem solving skills – in relation to working through complex client situations.
- Computer proficiency with MS office.
- Strong database experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related position within a not-for-profit organization.
- Bilingualism and/or the ability to speak other languages is a definite asset.
A successful vulnerable sector police background check is a requirement and a pre-requisite along with a minimum of two references.
All employees must comply with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Kerr Street Mission.
Kerr Street Mission is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We offer an environment that will support you in reaching your potential. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in their cover letter when they apply.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8354 ]