Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Executive Admin Assistant
Executive Admin Assistant
Oakville, Ontario , L6k 3C6
Kerr Street Mission (KSM)
Kerr Street Mission (KSM) is a Christian charity dedicated helping the community of Oakville care for low-income and at-risk families and youth, by coming alongside families in distress and helping them get to a healthier more sustainable situation and by developing youth so they do not end up in poverty.
KSM provides a place where people can gather and find help. It brings people together to serve and be served, facilitates the communities’ response to the needs of families and individuals in distress, and creates opportunity for God’s love and compassion to be shared in practical and tangible ways.
KSM serves low income and at-risk families, at-risk youth, and local churches and other groups committed to serving the families and/or youth in need.
Our faith in Jesus Christ, and the love and compassion we have received from Him motivates us to have love and compassion for others. We believe every person is created in the image of God and is loved and valued by Him. We work with people of all faiths, without discriminating, proselytizing or condition.
This role will enable the continued success of the Senior Management team and provide administrative and program support to various projects related to the work being done at KSM. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and works as a team member with all staff and volunteers.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Administrative Support
- Manage the day-to-day communications for the Executive Director and other members of the Senior Management team as required
- answers calls, takes messages, schedules meetings and writes letters or prepares draft press releases
- Responsible for filing and maintaining office documents
- respond to email inquiries or route them to the Senior Management team
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports; proofreads reports and written documents for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors
- creates draft communications for the Executive Director's overview
- administrative assistant is responsible for creating, maintaining and updating the database for grants
- Attends all trainings, staff meetings, and project, management meetings as required, taking notes and minutes in meetings.
- Provides real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts
- Facilities Management:
- Supply ordering for facility and admin supplies; keep track of inventory ordering them as needed
- Manage repair and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones and printers
- Oversee all facility bookings, and schedule them into the Outlook calendar
- Schedule all repairs & building maintenance
- Manage and coordinate building security related matters (ie. FOB, cameras, keys etc.)
- Prepare for Board of Directors meetings by printing agendas, minutes, and other documents
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Other duties as assigned.
- A humble heart.
- An ability to work effectively with people and to build teams and strong relationships.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency with MS office.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related position within a not-for-profit organization.
A successful vulnerable sector police background check is a requirement and a pre-requisite along with a minimum of two references.
All employees must comply with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Kerr Street Mission.
Kerr Street Mission is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We offer an environment that will support you in reaching your potential. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in their cover letter when they apply.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8355 ]