Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Maple Ridge, British Columbia , V2X 4B1
An Executive Search conducted by Nelson/Kraft and Associates on behalf of Burnett Fellowship Baptist Church.
Burnett Baptist Church is a multi-cultural and multi-generational church of about 300 located in Maple Ridge, BC. We are seeking a Senior Pastor who has a passion for Jesus and is committed to sound Bible teaching and preaching. They should have a heart for making disciples and a genuine desire to connect relationally with people. Godly character and discernment of God’s leading is essential. A deep passion to reach the lost and marginalized people of the world should be evident. They should be gifted in speaking and moving people to action. Among other things, the incoming Senior Pastor will continue to cultivate a culture and lifestyle of prayer within the body, as together we discern God’s direction for the church. They will teach others how to disciple well and, in the process, develop and raise up new leaders, recast vision and stir up commitment to advancing the mission and vision of the local church.
The Senior Pastor will provide general spiritual oversight, comprehensive leadership of pastoral care of the congregation, and overall guidance of church ministries, staff and lay leadership of the church.
Mission & Values
Our Vision and Mission is leading people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, encouraging and equipping them to pursue intimacy with God, build a caring community and influence others for Christ.
- Set the spiritual tone through your personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Preach and teach the Word of God in a sensitive and relevant manner with the study and preparation necessary to cultivate effective evangelism and discipleship.
- Direct and watch over the various collective ministries and maintain biblical and doctrinal integrity of the church.
- Pray regularly for the church family, staff and leadership and all areas of ministry.
- Provide spiritual guidance, instruction and counsel as needed in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Ensure that pastoral care is provided in an effective and timely manner, grounded in truth and grace.
- Take initiative in organizing and establishing effective ministry teams that clearly understand long and short-term goals, while assessing progress and ensuring adjustments are made as needed.
- Lead as a consensus builder who will form, equip and lead teams of leaders in a collaborative manner to achieve ‘buy-in’ from the teams in an effort to achieve unity in common goals.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in the face of conflict and challenges by being faithful, loving, dependable, and able to maintain an even temperament in challenging times. This should be done with humility and kindness while maintaining truth.
- Be courageously optimistic and willing to try new things, test the waters, and go after mission fulfillment in creative and responsible ways. This should be done in the spirit of being a consensus-building leader and as a networker with peers in the community to leverage the collective wisdom of others facing similar opportunities.
- Collaboratively initiate and develop vision for the overall direction of the church and communicate the vision with the objective of motivating the church family to commit to the vision.
- Work with the Board in the overall leadership of the church. Provide executive leadership including financial oversight for the church staff, and offer support, counsel and encouragement to lay ministry leaders.
- Oversee the training and development of all church individuals in their areas of discipleship, evangelism, teaching, leadership and service.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment and personal loyalty to Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, and the biblical leadership qualifications described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Agree with the Statement of Faith, By-Laws and Position Statements of Burnett Fellowship Baptist Church.
- Established track record of strong biblical preaching with a mature understanding of the scriptures.
- Demonstrated success leading multiple staff within a growing multi-generational church and a history of faithful ministry experience including successful leader of multiple staff within a growing church.
- Possess organizational and administrative abilities.
- Capable of effective delegation, leadership development and interpersonal relationships.
- Ordained or eligible to be ordained within The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada.
- While a Master of Divinity degree is preferred, consideration will be given to candidates with a minimum of a diploma/degree in Biblical Studies (or equivalent). The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning together with personal and professional development.
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Application Deadline: February 2, 2021
Start Date: Spring, 2021
To start a confidential inquiry or to apply, please contact Mark Kraft at firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8368 ]