Langley, British Columbia , V2Y0J8
Status: Permanent Full-time
Location: Head office, Langley, B.C.
Reporting to: Project Manager, Creative Services
Brooklyn-based designer Frank Chimero says that “people ignore design that ignores people.” As a non-profit, we want design that loves, supports and helps the people we serve. Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, Focus on the Family Canada is a dynamic and growing organization with an in-house design team. Our faith-filled, vibrant creative team is proud of the work we feel called to do. We craft direct mail pieces, brochures, flyers, catalogues, newsletters, ads, magazines, emails and digital media, and all sorts of other resources that need your attention to detail and creative skills.
We are looking for a team-oriented, experienced graphic designer with a clean, modern design sense. By providing design services and brand insight to the design team, the graphic designer will ensure the delivery of high-quality design services to various internal clients of Focus on the Family Canada and adherence to organizational brand strategy on creative projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Producing consistent, high-quality collateral from the design team including team adherence to organizational brand strategy.
- Strategizing, conceptualizing and producing designs, illustrations, layouts and visual images to communicate information on: direct mail pieces, print brochures, resource flyers, product catalogues, newsletters, digital and print ads, magazines, emails and digital media, etc. in order to meet the ministry objectives of the organization.
- Prepare and package files to meet pre-press and print requirements.
- Stock image selection and/or take occasional in-studio photos of a range of products and resources.
- Liaise with internal departments and work together to accomplish desired ministry outcomes.
As the ideal candidate, you have a degree or diploma in graphic design, communication design, new media, marketing design or similar, with a strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). You also have experience working in a multi-project creative team. Minimum three years of experience working as an experienced designer in a creative team is required. Through your employment history, you have become familiar with marketing and brand management, media publishing (including print and digital), and non-profit fundraising. Additionally, you have a solid understanding of current standards and best practices for both print and digital design, including layout, typography, pre-press and print production processes, file management, and oversight of design quality control, as well as how designs are experienced differently through the physical and digital nature (e.g., static vs. interactive, DPI vs. PPI, fixed-width vs. liquid layouts, etc.). Illustration, photography and video editing skills would be considered strong assets.
Success in this position is dependent upon having the ability to meet concrete deadlines while multi-tasking in an often fast-paced environment. You must be self-motivated, highly organized and attentive to detail.
You must have a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people, and be able to adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF or link) at FocusOnTheFamily.ca/Employment
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8370 ]