Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Lead, Human Resources
Lead, Human Resources
Etobicoke, Ontario , M9W 6H3
About Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
Based in Etobicoke, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) equips churches and their leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. Comprised of about 340 churches, CBOQ is training, equipping and caring for pastors. We are helping to plant fresh expressions of faith, strengthening existing churches and connecting them with the tools and opportunities they need to thrive. We are serving the next generation by creating resources and experiences for young people and their leaders to expand their love of God and love of each other. We’re telling our churches’ stories to encourage and inspire them, building up our whole family through the good news of what Christ is accomplishing through us. We love and care for our churches and leaders. We love and care for our employees. We are warm and welcoming; we take the time to listen and genuinely understand; we have empathy during tough times, and we make a positive difference in one another’s lives daily. We develop a servant spirit as a significant part of who we are in Christ.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Operations, the Lead, Human Resources is responsible for the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs. To that end, this role focuses on:
- Responsibility for overall HR management, including but not limited to: employee engagement, talent acquisition, performance management, compensation, policy and program updates and training
- Monitoring our organizational culture and employee engagement and redirect as necessary to ensure continual alignment with our vision, mission and values
- Ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations within the organization and HR guidance for member churches when required
- Relationship Management - Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement and guidance.
- Service Orientation - Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
- Teamwork - Places high value on teamwork and sets values and objectives that encourages team cohesiveness.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload and meets timelines
- Communication - Expresses and shares information with consistency and clarity
- Develop and implement human resource management activities that maximize the strategic use of human resources.
- Guide and manage provision of HR services such as employee compensation, recruitment, training, performance management, policy development and regulatory compliance.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward CBOQ’s objectives.
- Coach supervisors on employee performance and conflict resolution
- Oversee recruitment process for all new hires, including position description development, posting, interviews, testing, references making recommendations regarding hires.
- Analyze training needs to design employee professional development
- Plan and execute all staff team events and meetings with a view to rally colleagues behind organizational objectives.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and requirements to ensure compliance with HR practices, Health & Safety mandates, AODA requirements and other HR-related legislation and regulations.
- Oversee Health and Safety Program
- Support member churches with HR related questions and practices.
- Implement Compensation Policy
- HR Information Systems – Ensure employee data integrity and effectively utilize tools and technology.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering terms of employment and helping resolve work-related problems
- Provide oversight to our volunteer program, ensuring accurate records, training and recruitment practices are followed
- Manage special projects as needed from time to time
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through the church
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ
- University degree or diploma in Human Resources, or in related field
- Minimum 3 years of related experience supporting HR and recruitment functions, or in equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to multitask and manage deadlines effectively
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and HRIS platforms.
- Experience in a not-for-profit or church setting is an asset
Qualified candidates may apply by March 14, 2021 to Koon Wah Leung, Interim Senior Director of Operations, through the link below. Please note that to be considered, all applications must be submitted via this link.
All candidates whose training, experience and aptitudes meet the requirements for the job will be considered. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8372 ]