Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Ajax, Ontario , L1Z 1L4
Sanctus Church’s vision is to become a regional church of 10,000 meeting the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of people in Jesus’ name. The following staff position is critical in helping Sanctus ministries execute on the fulfillment of that vision.
The Director of Operations role is a full-time position that will have primary responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of the church financial resources. In addition, he/she will be the point person for project management across our staff team and specifically working to spearhead major strategic projects, support other staff through training and equipping in project management, and act as a key resource to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Working Monday to Friday, the Director of Operations will report to the Lead Pastor, lead the Operations Department, and sit on the SLT.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Sanctus Church.
- Strong (or demonstrates the potential to be strong) in each one of the 5 Sanctus Staff Values: Respect, Alignment, Fun, Trust, and Excellence.
- Proven history of managing and monitoring a large church budget.
- Experience with payroll, CRA charity laws, financial statements, banking, etc.
- Well versed and experienced in the science and discipline of Project Management.
- Ministry minded.
The gift of Administration is desired. Other gifts are welcome.
- Experience with budget preparation and management and overall church finances.
- Reading and understanding financial statements and notes.
- Formal experience in preparing and managing complex projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; an ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Strong in planning and preparedness.
- Highly organized team player.
- Financial Management
- Spearhead the preparation of the annual budget.
- Act as a key resource to the Board and SLT in all financial matters.
- Act as a liaison between the Board and church auditors.
- Monitor cash flow, P&L, giving trends, etc. to ensure SLT has updated information for decision making
- Project Management
- Be the point of contact for staff projects and the ‘keeper’ of our PM system.
- Spearhead major strategic projects (i.e., Salesforce, Annual Planning, etc.).
- Leadership and Strategy
- Oversee Facilities, Finances, and outside contractors such as IT and Networking.
- Be a part of the SLT, participating in key decision making.
- Manage Foundational Systems
- As part of our Strategic Plan, revamp all necessary internal digital systems.
- Be the point of contact and ‘keeper’ of all internal digital systems.
Education and Experience
- University Degree desired.
- Church financial management experience desired.
- Experience working in multi-staff, large, church context.
- Familiarity with Sanctus church is a benefit.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar platform considered a major asset.
- Work experience in a fast-paced, high-caliber team environment.
- Systems oriented.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 8375 ]