Website Content Coordinator will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team in the development and management of website content, primarily for the purpose of marketing Tyndale. Content management tasks include creating new content pages, editing existing content, creating or editing images...
Office Administrator/Communications Coordinator
Office Administrator/Communications Coordinator
Toronto, Ontario , M4V 1X4
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Work Week: Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekends on an as needed basis; 40 hours per week; must be on site to work on Fridays.
Attendance required at annual Vestry Meetings.
Vacation: Two weeks plus all Ontario Statutory Holidays
Reports to: Executive Director
Assists: Incumbent, Clergy, Staff of Parish
Exceptional People Skills — You will be the first face and voice to anyone seeking help and guidance from the Church office. Each day you will be working with Clergy, church staff including day care, parishioners, newcomers and a variety of service providers for the building and thus the role requires the ability to represent the parish in the best light and triage varying priorities. At many times, you will need to demonstrate sensitivity and care to visitors.
This role will play a critical part in pivoting the Church to new digital ministry platforms, content creation and delivery. As such it will be essential that you be comfortable with Social Media, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. You should also be comfortable with graphics and image manipulation and be dedicated to maintaining strong standards in all communication materials. If you are versed in streaming technologies, you will find ways to explore bringing events to life. If you are not, you will have the opportunity to learn and take regular part in streaming events and services.
- Event Management Experience — Weddings, Funerals and use of the Parish Hall for other life celebrations is a regular part of life at the Church. Your capacity to help all event run smoothly and effectively is critical.
- Strong Organizational Skills — This is a very busy community with multiple activities and events occurring daily and throughout the week, including weekends. Your ability to not only multi-task, but more importantly identify and set priorities is essential. Your willingness to quickly learn and establish a solid understanding of all the activities and events at the Church be they volunteer, clergy, daycare and/or externally led will enable your success. You will need to have the wisdom when to escalate an urgent situation to the Executive Director and/or Clergy.
- Strong Computer Skills with superior Desk Top Publishing and graphics tools are ideal. Strong capability and knowledge of Word, Excel and other programs is also essential.
- Excellent Communication Skills — oral and written communication in a clear, caring manner is essential. Attention to detail is paramount.
- Some Finance Understanding
- Willingness to Learn
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be a constant and available presence in the Church Office as first point of contact for the Church
- Answer phone and check messages regularly
- Improve phone message system
- Keep and publish regular office hours
- Providing timely administration support to all Clergy — Incumbent, Associate Priest, Deacons. This will include, but not limited to general administrative needs, calendar updates, booking meetings, etc.
- Administrative Support for volunteer initiatives
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Keep website up-to-date, including calendar and all events
- All social media including managing all media feeds and preparing materials consistent with brand guidelines and aesthetic
- Time Sensitive Preparation and Publishing of Weekly Order of Services and Announcement Booklets and Readings Sunday Services, with inputs from all pertinent parish staff and proof-read thoroughly
- E-news - Published twice weekly
- Wedding and Funeral Order of Service Booklets
- Welcoming and communication materials and Quarterly Program Guides
- Annual Report for January Vestry
- Event bookings
- Event and service streaming and video recording
- Work with Executive Director to keep Event Calendar up to date
- With Executive Director help manage facility rental, inquiries and bookings
- Office Administration:
- Effectively keep office running including monitoring office supplies
- Be present to receive mail and courier deliveries and sort mail
- Respond to parishioners' requests and follow up as needed
- Keep parish lists (email and addresses) up-to-date and implement a process for including new families, Baptism families, etc. and follow up on returned mail to determine reasons
- Volunteer Coordination:
- Coordinate volunteer schedules and assist volunteer led programs, including coffee hour donations and support for parish events (Advent, Lent, Easter, etc.)
- Lead and coordinate volunteers for brunches
- Support lay volunteer coordinators of worship (servers, chalice bearers, greeter and sidespeoples, readers, intercessors) as needed
- Support Wardens with administrative support as requested
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 8389 ]