English Ministry Pastor
English Ministry Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L3S 2C4
Full Time Position
Salary Range: Remuneration commensurate with education and experiences
Please submit your application to: Eng.email@example.com
Pastor the entire cross-section of the English (speaking) congregation with focus of building up youth, young adults, and seniors and ministering to their needs from both within and outside of the church. The incumbent will work in concert with other congregations and ministries of the church to grow the English congregation.
Milliken Gospel Church is a 40 year old ministry situated in the Milliken neighbourhood of Markham, Ontario, Canada. We have Cantonese, Mandarin, and English congregations along with a Children’s ministry. The English congregation consists of around 60 people, and our total average attendance in our Sunday morning worship services is about 380 people. We are affiliated with the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada.
MGC is driven by a vision and a set of core values. We believe God desires MGC to be a healthy church with mature and committed disciples of Christ; for the work of the Gospel; reproducing mature and committed disciples of Christ; from MGC to the ends of the earth.
We are a unified and awakened church seeking after God and His will. We are open to the renewing work of the Holy Spirit. The team of pastors, Councils, and Elders and Congregational Deacons has a healthy and dynamic working relationship.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain strategic plans and programs and develop the English Ministry’s vision and direction;
- Work with congregational ministries in building and maintaining leadership development and participation;
- Motivate youth, young adults and seniors to become God-fearing and people-reaching persons through his/her preaching, teaching and personal relationship and life
- Bridge between the Children’s ministry, Youth Ministry and the English Congregation.
- Oversee and work closely with current Youth Director to help direct and develop youth program in order to minister to the youth effectively
Skills and Qualifications
Person with the passion and the desire to serve, and possessing the following qualifications and personality, is encouraged to apply:
- Master of Divinity graduate or equivalent in pastoral experience.
- Have proven experience in pastoring an English congregation in a leading role.
- Must have a passion for youth and young adults and an understanding of their needs.
- Ability to attract young adults and families through effective ministry style.
- Skilled and gifted communicator in the roles of preacher and teacher.
- Recognizing the gaps in spiritual growth and willing to take the initiative in leading the way.
- Actively work to develop ministry teams and empower the lay leaders.
- Willingness to embrace a church family with a tri-cultural environment.
- Knowledge in both Chinese and Canadian cultures.
Please be advised that only qualified applicants who are selected to proceed in the selection process will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8396 ]