Promotion Team Member
Promotion Team Member
Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
- Job Title: Promotion Team Member
- Position Period: June 24 - August 31, 2021
- Honorarium: $125/week
Camp Mini-Yo-We is a summer camp and year-round retreat centre with a mission to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. As part of the Promotion Team, your goal is to produce best-in-class content to engage the Mini-Yo-We community, and specifically camper parents with what is going on at Camp. This team of 4-5 staff is responsible for photography, videography and social media management during the summer months. Your specific responsibilities will vary depending on your ability in each area as well as the composition of the team.
- Photography – Taking photos of the summer camp experience for use on social media, the website and print media (ie. brochure, flyers, etc.) with a DSLR. Specifically you would be doing photography of the the camper experience as well as occasionally product photography (ie. camp store items), profile photos of staff, landscape photography of the facility, and more.
- Photo Organization & Editing – One team member takes photos from the whole team and organizes/editing within Lightroom. Specifically this includes tagging photos based on content type, removing duplicates, selecting top images, and performing basic editing techniques (cropping, rotating, filter application, etc.).
- Videography – Capturing video content of the summer camp experience for use on social media and the website with a DSLR or GoPro in conjunction with accessory equipment (ie. stabilizers, external microphones, etc.) Specifically you would be recording the camper experience as well as occasionally testimonial clips and more.
- Video Organizing & Editing – Multiple editors work to take video clips from the whole team and edit videos in Final Cut Pro. Specifically these projects include “re-cap videos” twice a week, promotional videos for the next summer, etc.
- Social Media Management – Posting and managing user engagement on Facebook and Instagram. This includes updates to photo albums, contest posts, staff profile highlights and more.
- Quick learner who is eager to develop new skills and grow as an individual.
- Self-motivated as seen in taking initiative and being responsible for assigned tasks.
- Well organized as seen in planning ahead, anticipating needs and prioritizing tasks.
- Competent in photography, videography or social media. You are not required to be an expert in all three, and will likely prefer working in one or two areas more than the others. As a small team, we cross-train team members particularly in photography, videography and video editing as these areas require the most hours to complete in the average day.
- Note: In regards to software, we work to train you on how to use each program during our two weeks of training before campers arrive. As a team we are committed to utilizing Final Cut Pro for video editing and Adobe Lightroom for photo organization. Experience in using both softwares is an asset for applicants.
- Be a Christian demonstrating a mature attitude of servant leadership, while having a heart for children and young people.
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents/guardians, suppliers, children, co-workers, staff and other guests.
- Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Growth & Communication Director
- Campers and Summer Staff
Conditions of Work and Benefits:
- You will be provided an honorarium of $125/week, as well as room and board.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week while employed.
- Must agree to and accept the Camp Mini-Yo-We Statement of Faith and the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Summer Staff Manual.
- Having a G2 or G level driver’s license is desirable.
Find Out More & Apply:
If you have any questions about this position please contact Spencer Tamming at email@example.com or by phone at 705-385-2629.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8403 ]