Food Distribution Coordinator
Food Distribution Coordinator
Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
- Job Title: Food Distribution Coordinator
- Reports To: Food Service Manager
- Position Period: May 1 - August 31, 2021 (dates are flexible)
- Position Location: Huntsville, Ontario
- Honorarium: $250/week
Camp Mini-Yo-We is Christian a summer camp and year-round retreat centre with a mission to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. As part of the Food Service Team, your primary goal will be to provide a great food service experience for campers, staff and guest groups. In May and June your role will focus on opening our seasonal kitchen facilities, cleaning and organizing the food storage facility, and help receive, organize and inventory incoming shipments of food. In July and August we run four kitchens that support approximately 400-500 people (campers, staff and volunteers) each week. Your primary responsibility during this period is to receive and unload food deliveries, prepare food deliveries and deliver food to our various kitchens across site. You will also be required to assist the Food Service Team in cooking and preparing meals as needed. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and expand your skills in nutrition services and cooking. It is a lot of work, but it is very rewarding and you get to be part of an amazing team of staff members that love Camp and enjoy serving together. You will also have opportunities to enjoy Muskoka and our facility during your time off.
- Organizing Inventory – Receiving, unloading, and checking inventory of all incoming food shipments. Storing food in our food storage facility.
- Delivering Shipments – Assessing what each kitchen needs, preparing food deliveries and driving shipments to each individual kitchen multiple times per day.
- Supporting Adult Volunteers – Working alongside new adult volunteers each week to complete your duties.
- Cooking – Helping the Food Service Team prepare meals as needed.
- Cleaning – Helping to clean seasonal facilities and the food service storage facility.
- Competent in understanding the general functioning and safety standards of a commercial kitchen. Have basic computer skills including a knowledge of Microsoft Office (ie. World, Excel, Outlook) as well as email services (ie. Gmail)
- Quick learner who is eager to develop new skills and grow as an individual.
- Self-motivated as seen in taking initiative to being responsible for assigned tasks.
- Well organized as seen in planning ahead, anticipating needs and prioritizing tasks
- Mature and trustworthy; able to understand the risks associated with allergies and special diets and work to serve the needs of our guests.
- Team player who can work well with others as well as help provide direction and instruction when necessary.
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents/guardians, staff and guests.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Food Service Manager and Food Service Assistant
- Adult Volunteers
- Parents, Campers, Seasonal Staff and Guests
Conditions of Work and Benefits:
- You will be provided an honorarium of $250/week, a shared accommodation on site as well as all your meals while employed.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week while employed.
- Must understand that Camp Mini-Yo-We is a Christian environment. Agreed to uphold the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Staff Manual.
- Have the physical strength to spend extended time serving. Have the ability to stoop, bend and crouch. Have the ability to lift and carry between 10-30 lbs.
- Be in the process of completing a degree related to food service, nutrition or diet.
- Food Handlers Certificate is required
- G2 or G level driver’s license is required
Find Out More & Apply:
To find out more, or express interest in the position, please contact Spencer Tamming the Shared Services Director at email@example.com or by phone at 705-385-2629.
You can apply online at www.campmyw.com/staff-application.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8405 ]