Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
- Job Title: Office Assistant
- Reports To: Summer Registrar
- Position Period: May 10 - August 31, 2021 (dates are flexible)
- Position Location: Huntsville, Ontario
- Honorarium: $250/week
This is a Spring and Summer position with multi-faceted responsibilities. As part of our Customer Care Team and must be both administratively minded, as well as friendly and cheerful so as to best care for our customers. In this role, you will often be the first point of contact for customers either on the phone, in person or via email.
- Reception & Communication – Responding to emails, answering phone calls, greeting customers in person at the office.
- Camper Registration & Data Entry – Assist the Summer Camp Registrar in helping customers register for Camp or make changes to a child’s registration within our CampBrain database system.
- Administrative Support – Provide support to various departments including but not limited to our Camp Store, Marketing Team and Summer Program Directors. This could include tasks such as organizing mail, adding postage to camper postcards, assisting our Tuck Shop Manager with administration and more.
- Other Duties as Assigned – Being flexible to take on other duties as assigned to facilitate the overall objectives of the ministry.
Necessary Skills & Experience
- Competent in basic office administration procedures, telephone etiquette, customer service, and computer skills. Specifically, you should be comfortable working in Microsoft Word and Excel, able to use Google products (Gmail, etc.) as well as willing to learn how to use CampBrain – our database system.
- Quick learner who pays attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and taking initiative to be efficient and responsible for assigned tasks.
- Well organized both mentally and practically, knowing how to plan ahead, anticipate needs, prioritize tasks and maintain focus.
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Mature and trustworthy; able to understand confidentiality laws and responsibilities.
- Be a Christian demonstrating a mature attitude of servant leadership, while having a heart for children and young people.
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Demonstrate ease of communication with parents/guardians, suppliers, children, church leaders, and fellow workers.
- Cheerful with an upbeat personality and a pleasant telephone manner and helpful attitude.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Camper Parents, Guests and Seasonal Staff
- Summer Camp Registrar and Shared Services Director
Conditions of Work and Benefits:
- You will be provided an honorarium of $250/week, a shared accommodation on site as well as all your meals while employed.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week while employed.
- Staff members must sign an agreement to accept Camp Mini-Yo-We’s Statement of Faith and the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Staff Manual.
Find Out More & Apply:
If you are interested in the position, or have any questions please contact Spencer Tamming the Shared Services Director at email@example.com or by phone at 705-385-2629.
You can apply online at www.campmyw.com/staff-application.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8406 ]