Camp Store Administrator
Camp Store Administrator
Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
- Job Title: Camp Store Administrator
- Position Period: May 4 - August 31, 2021 (dates are flexible)
- Honorarium: $250/week
Camp Mini-Yo-We is a summer camp and year-round retreat centre with a mission to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. As part of the Customer Care Team, your primary goal will be to provide the best possible care for our campers, staff and other guests. In this role, you will help oversee the administration of our two Camp stores (called Tuck Shops) along with the Camp Storefront Manager.
- Inventory, Ordering and Stocking – Maintain a record of our current inventory of clothing, souvenirs and consumables (drinks/food). Provide regular reports to the full-time staff in charge of ordering. Restock tuck shops as required.
- Manage Accounts – Support the Summer Camp Registrar by ensuring campertuck shop accounts are well-managed. Contact parents as necessary about account details over phone or email. Issue account refunds at the end of the week.
- Retail – Operate the tuck shop for campers and guests as needed. Must have a friendly storefront demeanor able to work with customers face to face.
- Training Others – Train and support other seasonal staff as needed. Have an solid understanding of the store database so that they can explain it to other staff and problem solve as needed.
- Competent in basic office administration procedures, telephone etiquette, customer service, and computer skills. Specifically, you should be comfortable working in Microsoft Word and Excel, able to use Google products (Gmail, etc.) as well as willing to learn how to use CampBrain – our database system.
- Quick learner who is eager to develop new skills and grow as an individual
- Self-motivated as seen in taking initiative to being responsible for assigned tasks
- Well organized as seen in planning ahead, anticipating needs and prioritizing tasks
- Mature and trustworthy; understands confidentiality laws, particularly in regards to money.
- Be a Christian demonstrating a mature attitude of servant leadership, while having a heart for children and young people.
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents/guardians, suppliers, children, co-workers, staff and other guests.
- Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Parents, Guests and Seasonal Staff
- Camp Storefront Manager, Year-Round Registrar and Summer Camp Registrar
Conditions of Work and Benefits:
- You will be provided an honorarium of $250/week, a shared accommodation on site as well as all your meals while employed.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week while employed.
- Must agree to and accept the Camp Mini-Yo-We Statement of Faith and the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Summer Staff Manual.
- Have the physical strength and ability to lift/move large objects (ie. boxes of inventory, garbage bags, vacuum cleaners, etc.)
- Have the ability to stoop, bed and crouch
- Have the ability to lift and carry between 10-30 lbs
- Having a G2 or G level driver’s license is desirable.
Find Out More & Apply:
If you have any questions about this position please contact Spencer Tamming the Shared Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 705-385-2629.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8407 ]