Camp Storefront Manager
Camp Storefront Manager
Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
- Job Title: Camp Storefront Manager
- Position Period: May 4 - August 31, 2021 (dates are flexible)
- Honorarium: $250/week
Camp Mini-Yo-We is a summer camp and year-round retreat centre with a mission to develop tomorrow’s leaders through life-changing adventures in God’s creation. As part of the Customer Care Team, your primary goal will be to provide the best possible care for our campers, staff and other guests. In this role, you will help manage our two camp stores (called Tuck Shops) by serving customers directly. Tasks include working the till, receiving inventory, restocking shelves, helping train/support other cashiers, etc. You will also be responsible to clean the tuck shops (ie. sweep, mop, etc.) and remove garbage.
- Working The Till – Operate the tuck shop for campers and guests as needed. Must have a friendly storefront demeanor and be able to work with customers face to face.
- Inventory, Ordering and Stocking – Help keep a record of our current inventory, receiving new inventory from suppliers and restocking the tuck shop shelves as needed. Work with the Camp Administrator with receiving orders as needed.
- Manage Accounts – Help managing camper tuck shop accounts. Help in adding money to a camper’s account, issue refunds, etc.
- Retail – Operate the tuck shop for campers and guests as needed. Must have a friendly storefront demeanor able to work with customers face to face. Cleaning – Help to maintain a clean working environment by tidying up at the end of each day, sweeping the floors, taking out garbage and locking up.
- Store Display – Assist with displaying store items, taking basic product photos and maintaining a clean and tidy storefront for customers.
- Training Others – Train and support other seasonal staff as needed.
- Competent in basic office administration procedures, telephone etiquette, customer service, and computer skills. Specifically, you should be comfortable working in Microsoft Word and Excel, able to use Google products (Gmail, etc.) as well as willing to learn how to use CampBrain – our database system.
- Quick learner who is eager to develop new skills and grow as an individual
- Self-motivated as seen in taking initiative to being responsible for assigned tasks
- Well organized as seen in planning ahead, anticipating needs and prioritizing tasks
- Mature and trustworthy; able to understand confidentiality laws and responsibilities, particularly in regards to handling money.
- Retail experience working at a storefront would be a benefit.
- Be a Christian demonstrating a mature attitude of servant leadership, while having a heart for children and young people.
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with parents/guardians, suppliers, children, co-workers, staff and other guests.
- Present an upbeat and pleasant personality with a helpful attitude towards all.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Parents, Guests and Seasonal Staff
- Camp Store Administrator, Year-Round Registrar and Summer Camp Registrar
Conditions of Work and Benefits:
- You will be provided an honorarium of $250/week, a shared accommodation on site as well as all your meals while employed.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week while employed.
- Must agree to and accept the Camp Mini-Yo-We Statement of Faith and the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Summer Staff Manual.
- Have the physical strength and ability to lift/move large objects (ie. boxes of inventory, garbage bags, vacuum cleaners, etc.)
- Have the ability to stoop, bend and crouch
- Have the ability to lift and carry between 10-30 lbs
- Having a G2 or G level driver’s license is desirable.
Find Out More & Apply:
If you have any questions about this position please contact Spencer Tamming the Shared Services Director at email@example.com or by phone at 705-385-2629.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8408 ]