Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
- Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
- Reports To: Site Manager
- Position Period: May 10 - August 31, 2021 (dates are flexible)
- Position Location: Huntsville, Ontario
- Honorarium: $250/week
This is a Spring and Summer position with multi-faceted responsibilities. As part of the Facility Team your goal is to help maintain the facility and remove distractions and so as to improve the experience of the campers, staff and guests on property. Tasks include cleaning washrooms, collecting garbage, groundskeeping as well as projects that match your particular skills and abilities. In this role you will work alongside our Facility Team and Adult Volunteers which requires a mindset to be part of a team committed to achieve our mission: Developing tomorrow’s leaders through life changing adventures in God’s creation.
- Cleaning Washrooms – Routine cleaning and stocking of washrooms across the facility. To uphold the standard of cleanliness as outlined by the Custodian.
- Disinfection – Helping to keep high touch areas cleaned and disinfected.
- Collecting Garbage – Routine collection and disposal of garbage from around the facility.
- Groundskeeping – Help maintain a good looking property through lawn mowing, whippsnipping and other groundskeeping tasks.
- Projects – Help upkeep the facility and equipment through small projects such as painting, replacing signs, fixing a broken screen, removing a wasp nest, etc. Projects are always considered in regards to your training and abilities.
- Other Duties as Assigned – Being flexible to take on other duties as assigned to facilitate the overall objectives of the ministry.
Necessary Skills & Experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Quick learner who pays attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and taking initiative to be efficient and responsible for assigned tasks.
- Well organized both mentally and practically, knowing how to plan ahead, anticipate needs, prioritize tasks and maintain focus.
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Mature and trustworthy
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Demonstrate ease of communication with parents/guardians, suppliers, children, church leaders, and fellow workers.
- Cheerful with an upbeat personality and a pleasant telephone manner and helpful attitude.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Site Manager & Custodian
- Shared Services Director
- Adult Volunteers
Conditions of Work and Benefits:
- You will be provided an honorarium of $250/week, a shared accommodation on site as well as all your meals while employed.
- You will be provided 1 day off a week while employed.
- Must understand that Camp Mini-Yo-We is a Christian environment. Agreed to uphold the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Staff Manual.
- Have the ability to stoop, bend and crouch.
- Have the ability to lift and carry between 10-30 lbs.
Find Out More & Apply:
If you are interested in the position, or have any questions please contact Spencer Tamming
at email@example.com or by phone at 705-385-2629.
You can apply online at www.campmyw.com/staff-application.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8409 ]