Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y 3H4
Grace Church, located in Newmarket, Ontario, in the northern part of the Greater Toronto Area, is prayerfully seeking God’s help in leading us to the Senior Pastor that He has gifted and prepared for service in our congregation. We are a gathering of believers engaged in loving God and loving His Church, carrying out the vision: “To be a family of followers of Jesus Christ from all walks of life, committed to Biblical teaching, discipleship, prayer and worship; showing those in our community and beyond the love of Christ, all for the Glory of God.” We believe that our next Senior Pastor needs to help us to continue to be strong in these areas, growing in love and service.
Our new Senior Pastor also needs to be:
- specifically gifted to collaboratively train and equip our congregation toward identifying and using our gifts
- encouraging and training us to be able to take the good news into the world with courage and compassion
- guiding us to become more sensitive to the power of the Holy Spirit who is at work within us.
The Senior Pastor will shepherd with a mentoring style, inspiring, guiding and equipping both our staff and ministry leadership to identify and develop the potential in His servants, so that the Grace flock is encouraged to engage in the ministries they are gifted for by God—a mutual participation. The successful candidate will be an innovative and proactive leader, who is not afraid to develop new ideas in ministry, but will also be able to collaboratively implement these ideas together with the Grace ministry leadership.
- have minimum 7 years of ministry experience as Lead/Senior Pastor or senior role,
- have a BTh as a minimum; preference given to those with or working toward an MDiv or equivalent,
- have a committed plan for personal spiritual growth,
- be an excellent preacher/teacher/communicator,
- have had experience managing ministry staff.
All interested applicants must be credentialed, or must be able to be credentialed, by the Associated Gospel Churches (visit: agcofcanada.com/ministry-opportunities/ for information on the credentialing process).
If this opportunity resonates with you, we invite you to:
- Visit the church website (gracechurch.ca) and review our church profile, and
- Submit your ministry resume and a weblink to your recent sermons to the Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16, 2021.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8418 ]