Pastor of Discipleship and Community
Pastor of Discipleship and Community
Waterloo, Ontario , N2J2N8
Lincoln Road Chapel (LRC) is a Christian church with English and Mandarin congregations located in Waterloo Ontario and is a member of the Vision Ministries Canada association of churches. At LRC our mission is to be rooted in God’s Love, grow up together to be like Jesus and bear fruit through the Spirit by serving our neighbourhoods, city and the world. Our vision is to be a thriving community of Christ-followers for the growth of the Kingdom of God in Waterloo region and around the world. www.lrc.church
The Pastor of Discipleship and Community is responsible to connect the people of Lincoln Road Chapel in deeper relationship with Jesus and with one another through in-person and digital means by providing opportunities to engage in and live out the Core Practices and Values of LRC.
Job Title: Pastor of Discipleship and Community
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Remuneration: Wages established by Leadership Team and reviewed annually and are commensurate with education and experience.
Note: a complete list of job duties may be found on the job description located at www.lrc.church
- Develop small group ministries at LRC to be the primary venue for spiritual growth, care and community for both in-person and digital engagement
- Recruit, train and disciple Small Group leaders who will in turn disciple and train up future leaders
- Promote and encourage Small Group involvement, providing clear next step opportunities for people to be involved.
- Vision, plan and execute LRC Learns by developing classes, studies and workshops for people at all points of their spiritual journey, drawing them into deeper relationship with Jesus through engagement with Scripture
- With a team, develop and oversee classes for newcomers, baptism, spiritual disciples and leadership development
Leadership and Administration
- Train, mentor and develop volunteer leaders for both Small Groups and LRC Learns classes as well as Sunday morning digital platform
- Develop an effective plan for using social media as a took for connection and discipleship
- Manage ministry budget
- Adhere to the policy and procedures of LRC and agree with LRC’s Core Values and Beliefs
- Spiritual maturity. Models an active and growing Christian faith as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Has personal integrity and Godly character, heart of a servant-leader
- Has some or all of the following spiritual gifts: teaching, leading, encouraging, administration
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment
- Engaged with reading, learning and ongoing personal development
- Clean Police check required
Bachelor or Masters degree in Religious Education or Spiritual Formation or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to effectively build and lead teams. Able to develop leaders and to lead and coach teams
- Ability to connect relationally with people at all points of their spiritual journey
- Able to create a positive environment for volunteers that encourages effective results and increased volunteerism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer and technology skills
- Cross cultural sensitivity and experience
This position requires manual dexterity to perform a variety of routine physical activities (i.e. standing, sitting, walking and light lifting).
Visit www.lrc.church to view the Job Description.
Send cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Lincoln Road Chapel
145 Lincoln Road
Waterloo, ON N2J 2N8
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
Lincoln Road Chapel welcomes and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8421 ]