Youth Ministry Assistant
Youth Ministry Assistant
Toronto, Ontario , M4T1Z9
YPBC is looking for a part-time Youth Ministry Assistant to support the Director of Family Ministries to minister to Junior High (Grades 6-8) and Senior High (Grade 9-12) youth. This position is temporarily remote during COVID-19 and will be re-evaluated as circumstances change in the future regarding hours and responsibilities. The main elements of the youth ministry include building trusting relationships with the youth and helping to nurture their relationship with Jesus, Sunday morning worship and Bible study, youth nights, service projects, and annual winter retreats.
Purpose: Nurturing faith development with our youth and assisting and supporting the Director of Family Ministries.
Reports to: The Director of Family Ministries who then reports to the Christian Education Board.
Time: 10 hours a week, divided as needed. Must be consistently available on Sunday mornings and for youth nights and retreats. A time sheet is required to record hours and submit to the Director of Family Ministries for approval.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behaviour
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of YPBC and Family Ministries
- A love for God and youth and enthusiasm to inspire and encourage youth in their faith growth
- A team player who is capable of working independently when necessary
- Dependable in following through on commitments
- Teachable spirit
- Organized and responsible
- Minimum two years of experience leading Bible studies and youth events, gained in church, camp, or equivalent settings, including as a volunteer, intern, or paid staff
- Working knowledge of Technical/video and social media
- Musical ability or experience with a worship band is an asset
Specific (remote) responsibilities:
- Build trusting relationships with youth and encourage them to have a close relationship with Jesus
- To be intentional with one-on-one conversations with each youth
- Weekly connections via instagram with youth as well as post scripture messages related to our themes
- Plan, study and record 2 creative 5 min DOXA teaching videos a month (our youth volunteers rotate the other Sundays)
- Support DOXA youth band by helping record praise song videos
- Co-lead DOXA Bible Study via zoom every Sunday morning with the Director of Family Ministries
- Co-lead and coordinate Youth Night via zoom every Tuesday
- ONLINE Youth Retreats - 2 weekend retreats per year (CBOQ’s Avalanche – jr. youth & Blizzard – sr. youth)
- Support and assist Family Ministries mission/values as well as intergenerational services and events (e.g., mission initiatives, Christmas events)
How to Apply
Please submit resumes and cover letter to:
Christian Education Hiring Committee
Yorkminster Park Baptist Church
1585 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON M4T 1Z9
Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 12, 2021
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8424 ]