Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
You are the creator and executor of the corporate brand’s face under the leadership of the Brand & Design Manager. You are highly creative and with proven design capabilities, and the ability to apply high quality graphic concepts consistent with current brand and design standards. You are confident with a collaborative attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
You have a passion for layout, colour theory, typography in print, digital and motion graphic media. You take pride in supporting and executing a consistent and creative feel for the brand alongside the Brand & Design Manager.
Success for you is measured in excellent design, meeting goals as directed by your supervisor and conveying an impactful message through your work. You are organized and efficient and take pride in completing attractive work in a timely manner.
ShareWord Global / Gideons Canada (SWG) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 110-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact. SWG continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca).
Revenues: $11 Million
Reports to: Brand & Design Manager
- Create a wide variety of design pieces for various channels including: Promotional material, stationary, web, print, signage, video and other as needed
- With your supervisor’s oversight, meet with other staff to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials to fulfill their needs
- Determine which type of visual art will be best suited to produce desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Develop the graphic elements that meet objectives
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects, using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides
- May include coordinating aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as web sites, interactive terminals, etc
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite on Mac platforms (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of video editing and motion graphics are an asset (After Effects and Premiere)
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, create and maintain effective filing systems relevant to the organization and implement process management systems to prioritize projects
- Works well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Understand projects from a ‘big picture’ perspective, recognizing how graphic design impacts and influences the voice of the organization
- An ability to describe ideas in creative ways and communicate clearly
- Flexibility in working with others' ideas and accepting criticism
- Ability to pay attention to fine details and focus on completing a task (editing manuals, proofreading documents, checking for grammar and spelling errors.)
- Must possess adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, idea-based environment
- Must possess a related certificate or diploma
Vendor relationship support
- Prepare specifications for print, estimating costs and cost negotiations
- Work collaboratively and responsively with project team to ensure task completion
- Recommend solutions to Comms Project Coordinator and Brand & Design Manager regarding vendor problems and execute as directed
We encourage professional development in areas where you need or would like additional training. For this role, this could include writing, editing, project management and speaking, as well as training in software skills.
ShareWord Global / Gideons Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of SWG. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Location: Guelph, ON
If you are applying, please first complete the following online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process:
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 8438 ]