Interim Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Interim Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Oakville, Ontario , L6M 4J4
ForestView church in Oakville, Ontario is seeking a passionate follower of Jesus who believes God has gifted them and called them to give temporary leadership to ForestView’s Children’s Ministry. This is a part time position rated at 20 hours a week.
We are looking for a person who loves people and has a passion for seeing children and families engaged in the mission of Jesus. Someone who loves working in a team setting and prioritizes training and developing and coordinating leaders.
This position is responsible for giving leadership to the Children’s Ministry at ForestView church and to help us better be a community where people meet Jesus and become more like Him. This is an interim position to provide a temporary replacement for our current Pastor of Children’s Ministry who will be away on maternity leave starting mid-March 2021.
Hours: 20 hours per week
Manager: Lead Pastor
Direct Reports: Volunteer ministry leaders
Teams: Pastors Team
Starting Date: March 1, 2021
Ending Date: October 31, 2021
ForestView is a non-denominational congregation of 300+ people. While we do have Brethren roots we self-identify as an independent, missional, evangelical church that collaborates with other like-minded congregations across Canada and is a member of Vision Ministries Canada. As a church, we are committed to incarnational missional ministry throughout the Halton region.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Possesses an understanding of children’s spiritual development
- Experience working with children in a leadership role
- Works well in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal and connecting skills
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Able to recruit, lead and motivate teams
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Able to define and meet objectives and goals
- Able to display confidence and flexibility given today’s unusual circumstances
The Interim Pastor of Children’s Ministry is responsible for:
- Plan, organize, lead and oversee weekly Children’s Ministry gatherings on Sunday mornings to facilitate connection and spiritual growth opportunities. (Nursery to Grade 5)
- Recruit, train, lead and support volunteers in sufficient numbers to meet the goals of the ministry.
- Oversee and maintain administrative responsibilities for the Children's Ministry.
- Help process and maintain the proper records for ForestView Plan to Protect.
- Oversee communication to families and volunteers with regular updates and information about events
- Moderate the Children’s Ministry social media and oversee communication to families and volunteers through email.
- Plan, organize and oversee 6 church family events over the course of the year.
- Maintain and review all aspects of the attendance and follow-up with families through the church database.
- Oversee pastoral care related to children’s ministries in conjunction with the rest of the pastoral team.
ForestView Pastoral Staff
- Attend ForestView Staff meetings once a week
- Participate in bi-weekly coaching and check-in meetings with Lead Pastor
- Other duties as required by Lead Pastor.
- Oversee and lead weekly KidsView program on Sunday mornings (2 hours weekly)
- Scheduling and administration (3 hours per week)
- Preparation for program (4 hours per week)
- Communication & Administrative work pertaining to ministry (3 hours per week)
- Leadership/Personal development (1 hour per week)
- Weekly Staff Meeting (1.5 hours per week)
- Bi-weekly Report & Check-In meeting with Lead Pastor (2 hours per month/0.5 hours per week)
- Providing pastoral care (1 hour per week)
- Developing and investing in volunteers (2 hours per week)
- Planning, preparing and overseeing Special Events (2 hours per week)
Application Submission Date: February 14, 2021
Start date: March 1, 2021
End date: October 31, 2021
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 8450 ]