Youth & Young Adults (Pastor/Director)
Youth & Young Adults (Pastor/Director)
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Immanuel Church is a multi-generational church that exists to lead people to be passionate followers of Jesus.
As a vital member of the ministry team at Immanuel church, The Director/Pastor of Immanuel Youth & Young Adults oversees and leads pastoral care, discipleship, evangelism, and youth (grades 6-12) and young adults (post-High School through 20’s) programming.
Ministry Responsibilities (75% Youth, 25% Young Adults)
- Implement a strategy for evangelizing, discipling, and mentoring students from grades 6-12
- Provide and encourage Christ-centered teaching and worship.
- Disciple youth through personal connection, small group ministries, and large group meetings
- Model the practice and value of prayer
- Develop personal relationships with students and between the youth and their leaders.
- Work with the Director of Immanuel Kids to transition children from Immanuel Kids into the Student Ministries
- Communicate regularly with parents, helping to equip them to lead thriving families
- To plan and oversee youth mission trips as part of developing students to serve both the local and international mission fields
- Take existing young adults and build ministry in which they can be discipled and can grow in community
- Help students transition from Immanuel Youth into Immanuel Young Adults
- Fosters belonging amongst youth and young adults so that relationships develop conducive to spiritual growth
- Identify, recruit, and equip leaders
- Develop operating budget submissions and steward the approved budget
- Conduct a comprehensive annual evaluation of programs and ministries
- Represent needs of the youth and young adults to the staff and Lead Pastor
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor
Characteristics and Experience
- A heart for God demonstrated by an authentic, personal, reproducible walk with God evidenced in a balanced life, a hunger for the Scriptures, and prayer
- A heart for students, parents, and helping to develop passionate followers of Jesus
- A solid theological understanding to use when teaching, seeking out, and developing curriculum
- Leadership and communication skills
- Highly relational (able to build healthy relationships with a diversity of people)
- A passion for communicating the Gospel and able to express it in a variety of ways
- Servant hearted
- A capacity and eagerness to lead the lost to know Jesus
- An ability to develop the youth ministry to be a place for both churched and un-churched students
- Experience in equipping and leading teams
- Solution-oriented, not problem-oriented
- Humble and teachable
- A positive attitude
- Excellent work ethic, with the ability to work both supervised and unsupervised
- Passionate about team
- Sufficiently developed administrative skills to provide planning, budget planning and management, accountability, and communication
- Project management experience
- Youth and young adults are becoming passionate followers of Jesus and are regularly taking next steps in their discipleship journey
- Our church is growing by reaching the un-churched and de-churched
- Parents are developing as their student’s primary spiritual leader
- Ministry teams feel empowered and equipped, and have a strong sense of team, vision, purpose, and value
- Youth and Young Adult Ministries reflect the mission, vision, and values of Immanuel Church
- Youth and young adults are serving and leading throughout the church
- Students are inviting their unchurched friends to youth group and church
- Leaders are building relationships with students outside of events and church
- Youth Ministry graduates desire to stay connected to the church via Immanuel Young Adults
Hours and Remuneration
This is a full-time position. Pay will be determined in discussion with the candidate, based on experience.
Reports to the Lead Pastor and collaborates with other ministry staff/volunteers.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The mission of Immanuel Church is to lead people to be passionate followers of Jesus. All Immanuel Church staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Immanuel Church Statement of Faith and our Community Commitments documents. The successful candidate must agree to, sign, and in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Immanuel Church that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Immanuel Church. For a copy of the Statement of Faith or our Community Commitments, please contact email@example.com.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8457 ]