International Growth Manager
International Growth Manager
Are you ready to be a world changer? If you are then this is the role for you:
Can you lead people?
Are you brave enough to embrace big, God-inspired dreams for what the future could be?
Can you build BOLD plans that challenge people—because they bring necessary change?
Do you inspire crowds to care about what you care about?
Exciting challenges. Different countries. Exotic foods. You’ll experience it all. And you’ll be having life-changing experiences – both for you and those you minister to. There isn’t another job like this out there. Because this is no cushy desk job. You will work in places where there’s persecution and fear, dirt and grit, and obstacles to fight against. All over the world, people are living without hope, without Jesus. But you will see this as an opportunity! Because you’ll be leading some of the most dedicated people you’ll ever meet. You’ll bring light and hope and redemption to individuals, families, the local church, and entire communities. In fact, you’ll witness miracles nearly every working day.
This is a tough assignment. You’ll need to be tenacious, creative, and flexible. And most of all, you’ll need to be driven by passion. This is a high cost, high reward job—you’re going to see the lost come to Christ.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global (SWG) is a ministry committed to engaging the global Church to do one simple thing: go! Our mission is to ignite and fuel a passion in people’s hearts to share the gospel—training and equipping them, as a community of believers, to effectively introduce people to Jesus through God’s Word. SWG fuels the movement to “go!” and reach more people with the gospel through relational evangelism and training, innovative Scripture resources, and by partnering with local churches worldwide.
Revenues: $11 million
Reports to: Director of International Growth
As part of the International Growth team, the International Growth Manager is responsible for leading short-term mission trips, working with international regional managers and growing global partners & churches to help achieve our ministry’s objectives.
- Leads the project management and execution of multiple short-term mission trips and teams throughout the year, involving extensive international travel and liaising with international managers, contractors and partners
- Models Christian servant leadership to staff, active participation and leadership in devotions and the organization's spiritual life
- Manages regular and ad hoc staff meetings, and operations processes, such as budgeting and planning
- Builds and manages operational plans and budgets that align with and support the objectives of the International Growth ministry; prepares reports on impact metrics that align with the organizational strategic plans to ensure effective stewardship and accountability of department resources, finances and people, consistent with annual operating plans, budgets and strategic plan
- Models clear and effective two-way internal communication of organizational objectives and goals to direct reports, and encourages a culture of grace and humility
- Manages existing global partnerships and cultivates and develops new partnerships, to achieve our International Growth ministry objectives
- Builds and cultivates long-term relationship with churches, para-church organizations and other relevant partner organizations to help achieve our ministry objectives
- Achieves targets for revenue and ministry, as outlined in the strategic plan through the development and maintenance of operational and tactical plans, including the “Ignite & Fuel” (I&F) Strategy
- Assists the Director of International Growth with the planning and execution of Major Donor engagement
- Develops resources and facilitates training with in-country local church partners and International Regional Managers
- Speaks at churches and other relevant Christian events, to promote the ministry of SWG
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed post-secondary education required (preferably in a relevant field)
- Knowledge of and experience working in faith-based ministry or non-profit sector is an asset
- Work experience in the multi-cultural or global market preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related field such as sales or customer service relationship (with demonstrated track record of success as a relational manager and salesperson)
- Management, or a management role (preferably non-profit) with a proven track record of success
- Excellent business and interpersonal communication skills, influencing and engaging donors, members, partners and staff with integrity and diplomacy as you strengthen and build strategic relationships
- Experience of developing and implementation of operating plans
- Fluency in another language is an asset, as you will be traveling and engaging internationally
- Excellent computer skills required, with the ability to navigate MAC operating system and web-based technologies; proficiency with the following software is an asset: MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, KeyNote), Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Email), Raiser’s Edge database, Gantt charts (project management), and webinar and conference technologies (Zoom)
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Search police records check will be required as the role interacts extensively with vulnerable communities and people internationally
We encourage professional development in areas where you need or would like additional training. For this role, this could include business communication skills, financial budget management, excellent computer skills and proficiency with web-based platforms, project management and public speaking.
SWG is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of SWG. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
If you are applying, please first complete the following online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process: http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=37690
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8463 ]