Hamilton, Ontario , L8R 1M8
Atwell Centre: Pregnancy Options Support is a Christian agency that assists women and men facing unexpected pregnancies and post-abortion realities while promoting sexual health. We educate, inform, support with care and give practical assistance to individuals as they face these important decisions.
Reporting to the Centre Operations Director, the S.H.A.R.E Coordinator will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering Atwell’s Sexual Health and Relationship Education (S.H.A.R.E) program in schools, churches, and/or community.
The S.H.A.R.E. program offers presentations that educate and challenge students on sexual decision-making and healthy relationships. Our presentations address many of the learning requirements of the Ontario Curriculum for Health and Physical Education and are presented in a professional and engaging manner. Presentations to parental groups on social media and youth culture will also be given.
Qualifications and Capabilities
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual integrity
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and Policies of the Centre
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible
- Present S.H.A.R.E in schools, churches, and other community organizations
- Stay current with youth culture and the impact it has on sexual integrity
- Seek and build relationships with teachers, youth pastors, and community organizations
- Develop new presentations based on the ever-changing youth culture
- Manage SHARE presenter volunteers
- Minimum College Diploma or Bachelors in Child and Youth Care; Social Work, Psychology
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Is self-motivated, dependable, responsible and takes ownership of the assignments
- Ability to research effectively
- Ability to think critically about research and theological issues related to sexuality
- Ability to speak about controversial issues with respect and compassion
- Is a gifted communicator, with highly engaging presentation skills.
- Understands youth culture and has an innate demonstrable ability and interest in relating to young people
- Possesses a natural ability to instill trust and confidence with young people and their teachers
- Models team leadership abilities and strong people skills
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Works well with others
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Reports to Centre Operations Director
- Part-Time; 20 hours/week
- Start date to be arranged
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 8480 ]