Aldergrove, British Columbia , V4W 2w3
Affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference, Rose of Sharon Baptist Church (ROSBC) is prayerfully seeking a full-time Lead Pastor to join our active and caring Board of Elders. Working alongside this position, ROSBC also has a full-time Pastor of Family Ministries, three additional paid staff and a host of gifted volunteers.
ROSBC fully supports Aldergrove Christian Academy (ACA), an in-house private K-12 school, and a counselling clinic, New Life Christian Counselling (NLCC), of which our Lead Pastor is the Executive Director of both ministries, providing administrative oversight.
As a congregation, we share a desire to know our Lord more intimately and serve Him more faithfully, fellowshipping together to spur one another toward love in action. For more information about us, please visit www.rosbc.com.
About the Position
Preaching / Teaching
- Able to make the Gospel plain, clear and relevant, through good public presence, voice, and close study of the Scriptures.
- Able to exposit the Scriptures for the growth and equipping of the believers.
- Approachable, wise counsellor, with a high regard for confidentiality.
- Effective overseer of the welfare of the flock.
- Commitment to both personal and corporate prayer.
- Modelling, teaching and encouraging multiple generations to grow in their relationship with Jesus, deepening their knowledge, commitment and service for His glory and the spread of the Gospel.
- Oversight and coordination of the teaching and preaching in all classes (e.g., baptism, membership, etc.) and worship services, as well as delivering the majority of Sunday morning sermons.
- Mentoring of Pastors and staff.
Lead Pastor & Administration Elder
- Member of our Board of Elders in providing oversight to the church body.
- Supervision of all church administrative functions.
- Provide oversight for the other Pastor, Interns, Administrator, Property and Facilities Manager, and office staff in their duties and responsibilities and shall normally chair all staff team meetings.
- Spiritual encouragement, sick and shut-in visitation, and care to those in the Leadership Team.
- Biblical counselling as directed by the Elder’s Board.
- Must be fully and unreservedly in agreement with ROSBC Statement of Faith.
- Meet all the qualifications of an elder as identified in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- 10 years of ministry experience, including 5 years as Lead Pastor.
- Experience discipling and mentoring others, and leading a team.
- Preference will be given to candidates with seminary or formal biblical training.
- If you feel called to apply to become our next Lead Pastor, please submit a written testimony of God’s work in your life, and your resume or MIP to psc@rosbc with “Pastoral Search Committee” in the subject line.
- A Church Profile is available upon request.
- Preference will be given to those who are legally eligible to work in Canada.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8481 ]