Seattle, Outside Canada/International , 98117
The Evangelical Chinese Church (Seattle, WA) is seeking a full-time Cantonese Pastor/Minister to shepherd and oversee the Cantonese congregation at its Redmond campus. The pastor/minister will work under the direction of the Elder Board, collaborate with the other pastors in a team-based ministry approach to facilitate the overall church mission and vision, and provide overall congregational ministry support to the Cantonese congregation at the Redmond campus.
- Pulpit Ministry: Coordinate/schedule and preach at the Cantonese worship service.
- Minister to the Cantonese congregation through visitation, counseling, and supervision of small group gatherings.
- Equip the Cantonese congregation for ministry, evangelism, and missions (including leading short-term missions trips).
- Equip and train small group leaders.
- Share in the responsibilities of teaching Sunday school.
- Share in the responsibilities of campus and church-wide ministries.
- Collaborate with various ministries of the church as directed by the Elder Board and council.
- Administrative duties such as bulletin preparation in coordination with church administrative staff.
This pastoral staff will work under the direction of, and is accountable to, the ECC Elder Board and will collaborate with other pastoral staff in all areas of ministry, and will work closely with the Redmond-Cantonese Congregation Council and other co-workers to coordinate and administer an effective congregational ministry to proclaim the Gospel, care for its members, and facilitate their spiritual growth.
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Agree with the ECC Statement of Faith.
- Spiritually mature with a passion for teaching, preaching, caring, outreach, and missions.
- Seminary graduate with a M.Div. or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Have at least five years of church-related ministry experience.
- Fluency in Cantonese and proficiency in English.
- A team player with good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Be relational and able to serve and work with a Cantonese congregation with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to details.
- Familiar with both Chinese and North American cultures.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8494 ]