Calgary, Alberta , T2E 6L2
Reporting to the HCESC Board and responsive to HCESC staff, the school Principal and teachers, the Executive Director must possess wide-ranging expertise, skills, and responsibility for the organization’s achievement of its mission and objectives.
The ideal candidate has a track record of leading organizations towards a vision with a supporting strategic and operational plan. The Executive Director brings value to families at Heritage Christian Academy (HCA) and key stakeholders by realizing the organization’s strategic plans in a manner consistent with HCA’s mission, the HCA Statement of Faith, and the Philosophy of Christian Education. This person has superb interpersonal skills, with the ability to forge strong relationships both internal and external to the organization. The Executive Director also strategically considers how operational and HCESC Board goals align with contractual obligations with The Palliser Regional School Division.
The ideal individual is approachable and open, collaborative, credible, resilient, courageous, adaptable, and models spiritual maturity. Above all, the Executive Director is passionate about student success within the Philosophy of Christian Education.
For more information and full job description details, please visit: https://hcacalgary.com/employment-opportunities/
- Is able to clearly express their faith and relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
- Fully supports the HCA Mission Statement of Faith, Christian Education Philosophy, and the Staff Covenant.
- Post-secondary Education (a degree in Business Administration, Not-for-Profit Studies, Public Administration, Leadership or a related field is desired, and a Master’s degree is preferred).
- Minimum five years of relevant leadership experience involving effective financial and human resources.
- Proven evidence of successful and sound financial management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Effective project management skills.
- Provide a clean police record check (with vulnerable sector check) on an annual basis
About the Heritage Christian Education Society Calgary (HCESC)
Heritage Christian Academy (HCA) was founded in 1979, and since 2006 the Heritage Christian Education Society Calgary (HCESC) has worked in partnership with Palliser School Division (PSD) to operate HCA. HCA is a fully accredited, non-denominational Christian school servicing approximately 620 students from Kindergarten through Grade 12. While funding is provided by Alberta Education for the academic programming, it is the responsibility of the HCESC to provide facilities, additional funding, vision, and overall direction for the school, including Christian Education.
“Equipping students for life through quality Christian Education that inspires commitment to Jesus Christ, and excellence in academics, moral character and service to others.” – HCA Mission Statement
The HCESC offers a competitive full-time salary and excellent benefits.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
This search is supported by DHR International.
Please send your inquiries and applications in confidence to:
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 8496 ]