Dining Room Manager
Dining Room Manager
Rosseau, Ontario , P0C 1J0
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, day camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: DINING ROOM MANAGER
Reports to: Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
Employment Status: Full-time
Location: at our Resort in Rosseau, Ontario
To provide quality food service to staff and guests through serving, overseeing the day-to-day service operations and providing leadership and direction to service personnel all while maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
Key Job Functions:
Provides Quality Dining Room Experience
- Maintain dining and service standards.
- Maintain Dining Room environment through inspecting, monitoring and cleaning service stations, beverage stations, floors, seating, lighting and temperature.
- Establishes personal contact and rapport with guests and others.
- Ensures quality control of all meals, salad bar, and special diet requests.
- Oversees service and provides leadership throughout meal times.
- Resolves food/service issues in conjunction with the Sous Chef.
Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of kitchen.
- Establishes, supervises and participates in daily cleaning routines, schedules and checklists.
- Ensures the special diet, condiment and salad fridges are clean and organized.
- Ensures the salad prep table, dish area, and produce fridges are clean and organized
- Is aware of and abides by all Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements.
Lead, train and manage the team and individuals:
- Participate in and implement quarterly Staff Development Weeks.
- Plan and implement on going training of staff.
- Plan and implement weekly/bi-weekly meetings with team and individuals
- Ensure performance reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Assign staff schedules
- Work alongside and coach as required.
- Supervise Dishwashers on the weekends and in the summer
- Participate in meetings as needed.
- Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, Leadership Meetings and Annual Retreat
- Personal and professional development
- Other requests as outlined by the Executive Chef.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Customer service oriented
- Highly motivated, goal-driven and self–starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Good team player.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Task orientated.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent planning, organizing and efficiency skills
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods Core Values and Core Leaves
- Highschool diploma
- 2+ years in food service
- Leadership and management experience
- Ability to lift and move 10 to 40 lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Possess physical and mental strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of staff and guests.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff
Please forward all cover letters and resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8510 ]