Director of Worship & Administration
Director of Worship & Administration
Westheights Community Church is a vibrant, progressive community church located in the west side of the City of Kitchener. The church was planted in the late 1970’s when a group of people with a desire to reach out to a rapidly growing area of the city began meeting. Since then, the Westheights story has been one of growth and innovation as the congregation strives to be a contemporary Anabaptist expression of the Kingdom of God in Kitchener-Waterloo.
In-person Sunday morning attendance averages 250 with a contemporary worship style, casual dress and an atmosphere of acceptance. Our desire is to help people develop a faith that transforms heart and mind and can be lived out well in daily life. During the COVID-19 pandemic the majority of our ministry activities, including Sunday services, have pivoted to being online
We are searching for a Director of Worship & Administration who will contribute to our Sunday services (whether online or in person) and who will assist with office and organizational support.
- Sunday services
- Works closely with the Lead Pastor to create a complete and cohesive Sunday morning experience that edifies and engages those who attend
- Serves as the key contact in planning corporate worship services, preparing the weekly order of service and communicating directly to service participants; works with the Lead Pastor to plan and oversee special services such as Christmas and Easter
- Leads worship 1-2 times a month
- Facilitates regular meetings with volunteer worship leaders
- Facilitates rehearsals and recording sessions
- Schedules worship and projection teams; works with the head sound tech to ensure that sound techs are scheduled
- Maintains volunteer scheduling, planning and a media library for services on Planning Centre
- Arrange for the recruitment and training of new worship and projection volunteers
- Is the staff liaison for Sunday service volunteers (i.e. ushers, greeters, coffee team)
- Facilitates regular “office hours” for handling mail, arranging deliveries, attending to general phone calls and email, and processing expenses/bills
- Manages and updates church calendars, including the coordination of building usage
- Ensures that the church website is kept up to date
- Oversees the creation of the annual and denominational reports
- Liaisons with various volunteer teams (i.e. ushers, adult ministries, resource centre, facilities team etc.) to coordinate needed staff support
- Coordinates blog posts and mass emails
- Creates printed materials as needed
- Manages online platforms, databases and data storage systems
- Creates weekly sermon notes in print and in the notes app
- Prepares weekly worship & sermon slides
- Administrative support for the Westheights Protection Plan as needed
- Wisely stewards the equipment and financial resources entrusted to the worship ministries of the church
- Serves as the in-house “expert” for our livestreaming set-up; recruits the necessary volunteers for livestreaming
- Works closely with head sound tech and offers support as needed
- Is familiar with music and projection equipment for the purposes of training and troubleshooting
- Arranges for the repair and replacement of sound and projection equipment as needed
- Works with volunteer video editors to ensure content excellence; assists the staff with filming and editing video as needed
- Uploads sermon podcast audio weekly, via the blog, as well as Sunday service, via Youtube
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit
- Be in agreement with the Be In Christ Church of Canada Core Values and Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- Willing and able to become a member of Westheights Community Church
- Personal integrity above reproach, a life-long learner, self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player, flexible
- Affirmed administrative skills
- A demonstrated ability to lead worship both vocally and with an instrument
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with/or the ability to learn Planning Center, Propresenter, WordPress, G-Suite, Zoom, Mailchimp, Youtube. Video editing experience is an asset.
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Terms of Employment
The Director of Worship & Administration will be employed by Westheights Community Church, supervised by the Lead Pastor and will be amenable to the leadership of the Be In Christ Church of Canada.
This position requires work on Sunday mornings, some Wednesday evenings (worship rehearsal) and regular mid-week office hours, which will be determined in discussion with the Lead Pastor. The average hours worked each week will fluctuate, but should average to 37.5 hours/week.
- This position is permanent, full-time, based on 37.5 hours per week and includes 3 weeks vacation annually.
- Benefits Included
- Salary TBD
How to Apply
Westheights Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until March 28, 2021
Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
Please email a resume, along with a short personal testimony of faith and three personal references, to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8515 ]