Warsaw, Outside Canada/International , 01-641
City Church Warsaw (Poland) is looking for a its next Lead Pastor.
City Church is a church for people who don't do church. What does that mean? It means that we are trying to make space for those who’ve been turned off by traditional expressions of religion and Christianity. This also means that our community will be diverse, messy and beautiful. Our community is based on mutual understanding that we are all broken people in a need of authentic and meaningful relationships.
For church and opportunity profile, visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/1effclhx_TcleilWe_GO0sVd8qbOxo-oO/view?u...
- Leading City Church into its next chapter while caring, guiding, and loving those who attend and participate in the ministry of City Church Warsaw.
- Lead and champion 3 areas of involvement at City Church Warsaw: Sunday services, mid-week small groups, congregation serving in ministry both inside and outside of regular gatherings.
- Oversee the ministries of City Church that respond to a 21st century city and culture including measuring their alignment and overall effectiveness of those ministries given the vision and mission of City Church Warsaw.
- Work with others to create compelling and excellent Sunday morning services in which people feel welcome and want to engage with the good news of Jesus.
- Assume the bulk of Sunday morning preaching throughout the year.
- Continually build and sustain a culture of unity, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Perform or bear responsibility for other pastoral/leadership functions including, but not limited to, counseling, weddings, visitation, and funerals.
- Collaborate with others in preparing a budget each year for all ministries of City Church Warsaw and help ensure it is met.
A successful applicant should match up in the four areas of Character, Competency, Culture, and Chemistry. Our hope is to find someone who is of good character, walking with Christ, and on board with our culture. Culture refers to how well they understand what we do and how well they understand what we do and how well they partner with us to continue the vision. Competency refers to the ability to do the job at hand. Chemistry means clicking with those we work with.
- Demonstrates a daily life consistent with the Christian life set forth in scripture, including a healthy balance of their personal, family, and ministry responsibilities.
- Demonstrates success in resolving conflict with principles found in Matthew 18 and the ability to empower others.
- Has a record of good character, integrity, and transparency in leadership.
- Is approachable by other leaders and workers as well as the congregation.
- Biblical degree preferred
- Teaching and pastoral experience
- Minimum 5 years church experience on staff as a pastor
- Working knowledge of operations, annual budgeting, and leadership development.
- Demonstrated ability in the shepherding of staff and ministry leaders.
- Experience and vision creating, developing, and launching life groups for the purpose of discipleship and community.
- Enjoys working with people from other cultures and people groups.
- High level of self-awareness, ability to understand one’s strength and opportunities for improvement, including knowledge and experience in structuring a team to compensate for weaknesses.
- Displays flexibility and has a sense of humor.
- Must align with the beliefs, vision, mission, purpose, and values of City Church Warsaw.
- Heart for those who do not yet follow Jesus.
- Committed to life-long learning, studying scripture, keeping current with biblical scholarship as well as trends in leadership and discipleship, awareness of cultural trends, development of skills and gifts.
- Demonstrates strong preaching ability including strong biblical exposition and good application of the text while communicating to a crowd that for practical purposes is assumed to be unfamiliar with “insider” church words, terms, and expressions.
- Participates in a City Church small group on a regular basis.
- Values excellence, but does not take things too seriously.
- Adventure/discovery/out of our comfort zone/stretching
- Work ethic, teachable, resilience
Interested applicants should send CV/Resume, references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8525 ]