Calgary, Alberta , T2G1B3
Are you passionate about making a difference during the COVID-19 pandemic? This is your opportunity! The Mustard Seed is looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to provide care and support for our city's most vulnerable. Apply today!
The Occupational Therapist is committed to helping people experiencing homelessness or poverty to assess their functional skills. The Occupational Therapist facilitates a change towards a sustainable lifestyle through the use of internal and external resources, if necessary. The Occupational Therapist will work closely with number of other teams in the Mustard Seed including the Resident Engagement, Property Management, and other teams as required to improve residents’ quality of life and keep them sustainably housed. The Occupational Therapist will be working within the clinical team in the Wellness Centre, and the FASD assessment team.
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Reporting to: Health & Wellness Manager
Location: Downtown Calgary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and intervene to support a person’s cognitive, perceptual, motor, and psychosocial functioning;
- Provide clinical standardized and non-standardized assessments and resulting reports to referral sources;
- Deliver rehabilitation programs within the Mustard Seed community, as needed;
- Assist people with chronic diseases to self-manage their challenges;
- Liaise with internal and external resources, including the maintenance of existing partnerships as well as development of new ones;
- Teach clinical students during their practicum rotations;
- Advocate for client as needed both to access resources within and outside the organization, continue to update resources for staff, clients and future students;
- Provide clinical recommendations and input to FASD diagnosis clinic. Continue to expand and develop the occupational therapy program within the Wellness Centre Create frameworks for occupational therapy programs in Mustard Seed Wellness Centers across Alberta;
- Provide input into program evaluation upon request;
- Provide clinical and managerial support at the Student Run Clinic;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill
- MSc Occupational Therapy is an asset with at least 1-year experience
- Registered with Alberta College of Occupational Therapist
- First Aid Certificate
- Use of various functional assessment tools Knowledge in MS Word
- Time in excess of regular working hours may be required on occasion.
- Fluctuations in hours may apply due to programs operating outside of regular working hours.
- Local travel to various Mustard Seed sites, client residencies, and external agencies will be required.
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- This position requires the use of a company vehicle. Candidate must have and maintain valid driver’s licence and will need to consent to a driver’s abstract request.
Compensation & Benefits
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days.
Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please. Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 8528 ]