Sherbrooke, Quebec , J1M 0C6
Grace Village is a 120-room senior’s residence located in Sherbrooke, Quebec. Since 1957, Grace Village has been committed to providing a full continuum of care in a caring and supportive living environment. Faithful to the spirit and mission of our founders, Grace Village’s values and traditions serve to ensure that all residents benefit from the respect, compassion, and dignity inherent in the Christian faith.
The Nurse Manager assists with the organization, supervision, and administration of Care Services with both clinical and managerial responsibility and provides leadership to the nursing and caregiving teams, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and standards.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Nurse Manager plays an integral role in promoting Grace Village’s mission to provide compassionate, loving care and an environment that supports the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of our residents. Advocating for quality-of-life initiatives, the Nurse Manager strives to continuously improve the quality of care and services provided to residents.
The desired candidate is a compassionate, experienced professional with a heart to serve, comfortable with change, and a team player who is adept at creating a cooperative working environment.
Required skills and qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (strongly preferred).
- Member in good standing of the Order of Nurses of Quebec (OIIQ).
- Current CPR, First Aid and PDSB certificates.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in long-term care required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working as an RN in a managerial or supervisory capacity (including employee relations experience) in a healthcare setting.
- Education in healthcare management and administration (an asset).
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Ability to deal with complex situations and make sound recommendations.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement of services and processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong clinical skills (assessment, treatment plans, etc.).
- Demonstrated interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to delegate appropriately, taking interests, development, and competencies into account.
- Developed problem solving skills to see ‘the big picture’.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with EMRs.
- Ability to develop and set goals and ensure accountability under a continuous quality improvement philosophy.
Could this be the opportunity that you are looking for?
We are living through a time when the needs of our senior population are at the forefront of our minds. We are looking for people like you, who are up for a challenge, who want to be part of a dynamic team, and who are dedicated to the precious seniors in our care.
To learn more about our journey and our longstanding history of serving the needs of seniors in our community, we invite you to consult our website http://www.gracevillage.ca/
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cv with cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About Grace Village
We operate as a non-profit certified private residence, fully funded by the generous support of donors. Building on a rich history of demonstrating our core values in a family-oriented environment, our teams work collaboratively to deliver high-quality, life-enriching care and services. We serve primarily, but not exclusively, the local anglophone community, welcoming seniors from throughout the Eastern Townships.
We are blessed by dedicated volunteers and community partners and with over 60 years of experience in senior care, we have developed approaches and practices that are often held out as best practices by our partners in the healthcare community. At the same time, we continue to learn and implement contemporary methods in order to stay current and pursue excellence.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8548 ]