Manager - Support Services
Manager - Support Services
Sherbrooke, Quebec , J1M 0C6
Grace Village is a 120-room senior’s residence located in Sherbrooke, Quebec. Since 1957, Grace Village has been committed to providing a full continuum of care in a caring and supportive living environment. Faithful to the spirit and mission of our founders, Grace Village’s values and traditions serve to ensure that all residents benefit from the respect, compassion, and dignity inherent in the Christian faith.
As the Manager of Support Services, you will be responsible for the Food Services and Environmental Services teams (Housekeeping, Laundry and Custodial) ensuring efficient operations and service delivery in compliance with established standards and budgetary guidelines.
You will play a critical role in maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction by compassionately engaging with residents, mandataries, and families to understand their diverse needs and ensure the health and well-being of residents.
You will work collaboratively with the leadership team toward the achievement of organizational goals and objectives while fostering a high standard of excellence.
The desired candidate will be a team player with a strong service orientation, an experienced manager, able to plan and organize the work of cross-functional teams, in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Required skills and qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or five (5) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience leading cross-functional teams (including employee relations experience)
- Culinary education and/or training (an asset)
- Experience working in a retirement home or hospital considered an asset.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage requests, and interface with vendors.
- Ability to analyse budgets and maintain control of expenditures.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement of services and processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong ability to develop and set goals and ensure accountability under a continuous quality improvement philosophy.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated time management and delegation skills.
Could this be the opportunity that you are looking for?
We are living through a time when the needs of our senior population are at the forefront of our minds. We are looking for people like you, who are up for a challenge, who want to be part of a dynamic team, and who are dedicated to the precious seniors in our care.
To learn more about our journey and our longstanding history of serving the needs of seniors in our community, we invite you to consult our website http://www.gracevillage.ca/
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About Grace Village
We operate as a non-profit certified private residence, fully funded by the generous support of donors. Building on a rich history of demonstrating our core values in a family-oriented environment, our teams work collaboratively to deliver high-quality, life-enriching care and services. We serve primarily, but not exclusively, the local anglophone community, welcoming seniors from throughout the Eastern Townships.
We are blessed by dedicated volunteers and community partners and with over 60 years of experience in senior care, we have developed approaches and practices that are often held out as best practices by our partners in the healthcare community. At the same time, we continue to learn and implement contemporary methods in order to stay current and pursue excellence.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8549 ]