Toronto, Ontario , M5A 1L3
Located in the heart of Corktown near King St. E. and Parliament Street, Little Trinity has ministered in this historical part of downtown Toronto for over 175 years.
Little Trinity’s vision is to: Love God, Grow Together, and Serve Our World
We believe the good news of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection is relevant to all people and has the power to transform our lives, our city and our very world. We believe we were made to love God and to express that love through serving others in word and deed.
At Little Trinity we live out this faith informed by our Anglican roots, connecting this good news of Jesus with our contemporary world.
More information about Little Trinity can be found at: http://littletrinity.org/
We are seeking a full-time CHILDREN’S MINISTER (Salaried role averaging 40hrs a week)
Start date to be negotiated (Sooner the better but no later than July 1st 2021)
- An active and vibrant walk with Jesus and commitment to the communal life of the church.
- A love for children and passion for their formation as followers of Jesus.
- Show proven ability to communicate the good news of Jesus in ways that reveal an understanding of the various stages of child development.
- Understanding of and training in CGS (Catechesis of the Good Shepherd) a definite asset. (If the chosen candidate lacks this training, Little Trinity Church would expect it and be responsible for any associated costs)
- Strong administrative abilities alongside project and strategic planning skills.
- An able, creative, articulate, and competent communicator in various forms and settings.
- Proven track record in discerning, training, and encouraging volunteer leaders.
- Exhibiting wisdom and loving compassion to undergird pastoral care of children and families.
With oversight over and in partnership with the Assistant Children’s Minster and the Children’s Ministry Leadership team engage in:
Formation of children concurrent with morning services (60%)
- Successfully deliver weekly care for nursery aged children, and formation using the CGS curriculum for pre-k through grade 5.
- Recruit, screen, train, encourage and support volunteer team.
- Work with Youth Minister to align ministries to continue formation.
Day Camp, Fall Retreat, Special Services (20%)
- Plan and implement each summer a one-week Day Camp.
- During the fall parish retreat develop and execute Children’s ministry concurrent with adult sessions.
- Work alongside music ministry and youth ministry to plan and implement all ages Christmas Eve Service (Dec), Children and Youth Celebration Service (June), and monthly all-ages communion service.
Ministry alongside pastoral team (20%)
- Participate in a weekly staff meeting (Tuesday 11:30am – 1 :00pm)
- Share in the pastoral care of the community, in particular to children and families.
- Work alongside pastoral staff in preparing children, sponsors, and parents for baptism.
- Assist in engaging children in church wide gatherings and celebrations.
- Plan, implement and manage yearly budget and provide yearly written report to vestry.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume with references in confidence to:
The Rev. Timothy Haughton (Rector/Senior Pastor)
Little Trinity Anglican Church
425 King St. E.
Toronto, ON M5A1L3
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are invited to respond by March 26.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 8550 ]