Ottawa, Ontario , K1R 7G2
The Chinese Christian Church of Ottawa seeks to fill a full-time, 18-month position responsible for overseeing all aspects of junior and senior high ministries (grades 7 through 12).
The Youth Worker must have a love for God, a desire to serve God, and a heart for ministering to teenagers (grades 7 to 12) and to see them grow spiritually in their relationship with Christ.
- Commitment to CCCO’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs.
- A bachelor degree from a recognized university; bible college training is preferable but not necessary.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Bible; and meeting 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping, discipling, evangelizing; and a relational style of leadership.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for evangelism and set a Christian model example for the youth.
- A self-starter.
- Commitment to a team approach, including delegating responsibility to volunteer team members.
- Demonstrate an understanding of today’s North American teenage culture and environment.
- Experience as a youth worker in a church is an asset.
The Youth Worker works under the supervision of the English Pastor. He/she liaises with the Children Ministry to ensure continued spiritual development from children to youth ministries.
- Building relationships with youth through mentorship and spiritual guidance.
- Shepherding youth through strong leadership in biblical studies and instruction, spiritual care, and prayer ministries.
- Providing Gospel-centered biblical teaching and programming for the youth.
- Communicating well with parents and supporting families spiritually, especially in times of crisis.
- Recruiting, training, and mobilizing adult volunteers to serve in youth ministry.
- Teaching and equipping youth to be leaders in small and large group settings.
- Providing periodic retreat opportunities for spiritual and relational growth.
- Leading youth missions and community service opportunities where possible.
- Helping YF high school graduates transition to the University and College Fellowship.
- Developing the vision, direction, and strategy of the youth ministry.
- Ensuring youth ministry vision and activities are consistent and aligned with the overall church and congregational vision and mandate.
- Demonstrate organizational skills in implementing youth ministry, including retreat and/or special event planning.
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing weekly and year-round youth group activities for grades 7 to 12.
- Submitting annual youth budget and overseeing its allocation and expenditures.
- Communicating well with church leaders and members.
- Keeping Elders and staff informed of emerging issues and/or situations.
- Participating in ministerial staff meetings.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8570 ]