Mississauga, Ontario , L6S4H8
The Lead Pastor is committed to planting and leading Village Church Toronto to become a vibrant, missional church that makes disciples who disciple others. The LP provides spiritual oversight and competent leadership for the staff, leadership team and congregation at his local site. He is responsible to execute the strategy and daily ministry of Village Church informed by the values and vision within the context of the local congregation. He acts as the primary shepherd and leader of the congregation and site-specific staff and oversees all physical and logistical aspects of the site. He ensures the church is connecting through evangelism, serving, discipleship tracks, events, engaging in community, leadership development, local missions etc.
The Lead Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership of the location. He demonstrates these characteristics.
- High capacity leader - A high energy, catalytic, self-starter who not only gets things done, but makes things happen
- DNA carrier – He bleeds and defaults to the mission, vision, and values of Village Church – how to make the Site healthy and effective in reaching non-believers (e.g., gospel, community, culture, passion for the lost, excellence, etc)
- Attractional – He loves people and people love being around him.
- Recruiter - He is able to recruit & mobilize people to join the Site launch team, and is competent in casting a compelling vision for the mission of Village Church in his city.
- Shepherd – He connects and guides people to the next step of their spiritual journey.
- Communicator – He is capable and articulate, speaking with excellence to a room full of people. He is willing to use his communication gifts for leadership development, TiVC and other Village classes, etc.
- Team builder - He is able to both attract followers and turn them into volunteers, volunteer teams and volunteer leaders. He is able to identify spiritual maturity and gifts in an individual and find meaningful ministry opportunities for them.
- Team player - Someone who people will follow. He delegates appropriate levels of responsibility and authority to others, putting the best people in the right places of ministry. He models submission and accountability by following and respecting the executive leadership of Village Church.
- Multi-tasker – He can juggle a lot of tasks simultaneously without stressing – including flexibility and problem solving.
- Responsible to invite, gather and develop the site launch team
- Create community outreach/engagement strategy during the pre-launch phase
- In collaboration with the Regional Director and Executive Leadership team, recruit and hire site staff
- Overall responsibility for the Sunday experience including guest services, kids, junior youth, prayer, classes, and adult gatherings, ensuring all ministries function with the standards and excellence expected of a Village Church site.
- Supervise the site staff as it relates to day-to-day ministry and operational activities including coaching and empowering.
- Pray for and with leaders under his care.
- Intentional in pursuing relationships with unchurched people - connecting with them, inviting to events and Sunday services as appropriate.
- Oversees the community group life of the site in conjunction with the Community Groups (CG) Director. Responsible to connect new people into groups, find and coach new leaders, grow the number of community groups, overseeing their spiritual health keeping them both relational and missional.
- Works weekly with the site team to execute Sundays well.
- Conducting regular and intentional staff meetings to ensure goals and objectives of the site are being met
- Strategize with leadership team on major initiatives of the site
- Committed to thanking at least one volunteer on a weekly basis - written card, email, text, phone call, etc. – and making sure other leads are doing the same.
- Takes ownership of inviting new people to serve on a regular basis - and then teaching other volunteers how to do the same.
- Monitor and report the pulse of the site through watching trends and evaluation of attendance, giving, community group participation, baptisms, volunteer engagement, community transformation, participation in discipleship tracks, etc.
- Manage site budget
- Deliver relevant, engaging Biblical messages as scheduled
- Identify, invite and develop key lay ministry leaders
- Proactively seek a personal and church presence in the community
- Shepherd and coordinate care for people at the site
- Develop relationships with other area Leaders/Pastors
- Handle additional responsibilities as assigned by Executive Leadership
- Location has clarity of vision, is unified, has sense of purpose, and is growing.
- Site staff, leadership and congregation are intentionally and strategically engaged in reaching their community and inviting skeptics to a Sunday experience.
- There is a strong missional culture at the site and ministry decisions are made with the skeptic/unchurched in mind.
- Community Groups and other expressions of community are growing and impacting neighborhoods. They are healthy and vibrant with a sense of community ownership.
- If not in community groups, people are being connected to the discipleship tracks such as Alpha, Freedom Session, etc.
- New groups are being regularly established.
- Village Kids and Youth programs and initiatives are running smoothly and growing – kids are being developed.
- People are connected and feel cared for.
- People continue to grow and become Christ-like disciples and disciple-makers.
- All aspects of the Sunday worship experience are vibrant, relevant, impactful, and are being executed with excellence.
- Overall, the Location is reflecting the mission, vision and values of Village Church.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 8572 ]