Underwriting Manager, Insurance
Underwriting Manager, Insurance
Calgary, Alberta , T1Y 6J7
Internal Title: Manager, Underwriting and Product Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
We are an ambitious, growing company looking for a candidate with the right training and experience to provide the best service and products to our clients while working in a strong team environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a positive culture, along with training and development opportunities.
Our mission and vision are focused on meeting the insurance needs of our clients in the province of Alberta.
To best serve our clients, we hire the best candidate based on their passion, experience, and knowledge. Therefore, our team is strong due to its diversity not necessarily because they share the same faith as many of our clients.
For over 60 years we have insured homes, farms, churches and businesses in the province of Alberta. To learn more about our history, mission, vision and so on, please visit: https://mmiab.ca/about-mmi.
This is a full-time position with salary compensation, and we are planning to fill one position.
- The Manager oversees Underwriting functions for MMI Insurance including supervision of the Senior Underwriter.
- The successful candidate will have industry experience in Alberta property, casualty, and automobile personal lines insurance.
- As part of the underwriting and direct sales team, they will also play a key role in handling our existing Personal Lines business.
- Rate Changes
- Review and analyze company results
- Developing and implementing rate changes
- New Product Development
- Develop new products for MMI, including wordings and pricing
- Train staff about the new product
- Wordings update
- Review current wordings and update as required
- Implement changes and train staff
- Develop and update Underwriting Guidelines
- Manager for Senior Underwriter
- Develop and update workflow processes
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 8 - 10 years of Property and Casualty industry experience
- Experience in product pricing and development
- Management experience is an asset
- Professional insurance designations are an asset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to select and implement best solutions
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to provide justification
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in a convincing manner
- Able to work with other managers as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to present information or arguments in a convincing manner
- Ability and willingness to do a small amount of travel
- Intermediate to senior Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel…)
Working Conditions or Special Circumstances
The work schedule is generally Monday-Friday, 7 hours per day, with a one-hour unpaid lunch. However, the Executive Manager may be required to be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional Saturdays for board meetings.
- Computer use for up to 7 hours per day
- Sitting for up to 7 hours per day
Depending on government and company requirements, working remotely will be accommodated.
To apply for this role, a cover letter and resume should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8598 ]