Youth & Family Pastor
Youth & Family Pastor
Cambridge, Ontario , N1R 5S4
This half-time (22hrs) position is for someone who has demonstrated a clear desire for the local church, a clear passion for Jesus Christ, and has a heart for youth and the youth culture. This pastoral position is responsible for overseeing and organizing all aspects of Youth & Family Ministry within the church in cooperation with the Lead Pastor, other Pastoral staff, and the Deacons and Missions boards.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan and oversee a comprehensive program for youth in grades 6-12. There is a current SR High ministry. Ministry to include a focus on discipleship, fellowship, mentoring, Bible Study, worship, and missional living. Other elements should include events such as social events, retreats, missions/service opportunities.
- Maintain a vibrant and fun program, encouraging an atmosphere that is approachable and welcoming to youth from inside and outside the church.
- Assist with recruiting, coordinating, training and equipping the Youth Ministry volunteers
- Network with other youth workers in the region, and in the denomination, as well as in the local Youth Workers Network (the “Cambridge Youth Collective”)
- Encourage youth in opportunities for ministry in the life of the church and service in the community.
- Develop personal contacts with youth and their families.
- Create and implement a family ministry that encompasses young adults with families, and is inclusive of all age groups in the family unit.
- Attend, and help organize/run any churchwide fellowship/family events (Egg Hunt, Fall Festival, Family BBQ etc.)
- Oversee our Sunday Morning Kids Church – the candidate will not necessarily need to teach the Kids Church, but will be responsible for recruiting and organizing the existing volunteers, helping with curriculum, and be able to cover rooms on occasion as needed
- Implement and ensure the “Plan to Protect” is followed
- Assist with any training and equipping of the Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Regularly report to the Lead Pastor and to the applicable boards (Missions & Discipleship, Deacons)
- Engage in a mentoring program w/the Lead Pastor
- Attend any board meetings as required (Missions & Discipleship, Deacons) as well as attend all churchwide meetings.
- Assist on a regular basis in worship services as needed (in various capacities), to maintain visibility and presence within the rest of the congregation, encouraging the participation of youth at the Sunday worship service.*
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have demonstrated a public profession of faith
- Able to clearly articulate his/her Faith and Philosophy of Youth Ministry
- A strong sense of call and commitment to Youth Ministry
- Enrolled in currently, or have completed a biblical studies, theology, family or youth ministry related program.
- Practical Experience in Youth Ministry (at least 1 year)
- Any other applicable courses or Retreat experience
- Excellent Leadership qualities coupled with the desire and ability to relate to youth, parents, families, leaders, and other adults in a manner that fosters love, care and respect
- Understanding of youth culture, youth issues, and the needs of this current youth climate
- Strong organizational and conflict management abilities
- Successful clearance of Police Records Check for the vulnerable sector
- Self-motivated, and a Self-starter
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Energetic and Passionate
- Creative and Resourceful, good problem solving skills
- An understanding of various social media platforms and church applications/software (Church Management Programs, Facebook, Instagram, Slack, etc.)
- Valid Drivers License
*Note: Musical skills are not a requirement but are an asset to be considered as helpful in participating in our Sunday morning worship experience. Other ways of involvement are in service co-ordination, helping with announcements/welcoming, leading prayers, helping in the sound/tech room, etc.
**We are also hiring for a Worship Pastor, which could be combined with this position. Applicants interested in that are encouraged to apply for both postings**
Please email a resume & cover letter, and 2-3 References to email@example.com.
If interested, please apply as soon as possible. The Job posting will be removed when the position is filled.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 8643 ]