Barrie, Ontario , L4N 2G5
Harvest Bible Chapel is a gospel-centred church located in Barrie, Ontario. We are in the assessment process with Acts 29 Canada, a diverse, global family of church-planting churches. We have a growing and passionate church family of more than a thousand people. The successful applicant will join our staff of 14 gifted team members who love Jesus and are on mission for him. Harvest exists to glorify God by making more and better followers of Christ. As we work on that, we are seeking, as best we can, to love God and love people. Less than an hour’s drive north of Toronto, Barrie is a fast-growing, waterfront community on beautiful Lake Simcoe.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and the 14-day quarantine required by the government upon arrival by all travellers (the first 3 in a government-run facility), we are unable to take applicants from outside of Canada at this time.
Harvest is inviting experienced candidates to apply for this full time worship pastor/director position. Please send your resume, a cover letter, references, and two video samples that demonstrate your musical gifting to email@example.com.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hours: Full time
Compensation: As negotiated
Benefits: Full benefit plan; matching RRSP program
Vacation: Consistent with established policies
The worship director role is charged with cultivating a creative and compelling environment within our church where people passionately lift high the name of Jesus Christ. As a ministry that flows directly from one of our four pillars, worship is among four emphases that carry the highest level of priority for our church in the development of quality disciples. With the goal of bringing glory to God, the worship director/pastor is responsible not only to lead in and model worship, but also to equip God’s people to be worshippers of Jesus Christ both corporately and personally. He will wholeheartedly support the mission, vision, doctrine, pillars, and ministry strategy of Harvest Bible Chapel Barrie as established by the elders.
Worship & Production
- Oversee and develop the worship ministry inclusive of adults, youth, and children
- Function as the primary worship leader for weekend services and special services throughout the year.
- Seek to raise up other gifted worship leaders to serve throughout the life of our church
- Lead weekly worship rehearsals, ensuring that the team is well prepared for each service.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, and schedule teams of musicians and vocalists to carry out the ministry strategy.
- Identify, evaluate, and incorporate new music and other creative service elements.
- Coordinate directly with the lead/teaching pastor in the planning of each weekend service.
- Manage all aspects of the worship environment/aesthetics both in the room and livestream.
- Oversee and develop the production ministry (audio, video, lighting, projection).
- Recruit, equip, motivate, and schedule teams of technicians to carry out the ministry strategy.
- Direct stage set up and tear down for services and events.
- Collaborate with staff from like-minded churches to utilize best practices and share training.
- Craft and manage an approved budget for this ministry area.
- Spend daily time with God exercising spiritual disciplines such as Scripture reading, prayer, worship, etc.
- Develop ongoing accountability relationships in areas such as personal purity, financial stewardship, spiritual disciplines, etc.
- Prioritize and nurture a healthy relationship with your spouse (if married).
- Assist in providing care for the congregation in consultation with the pastoral team.
- Participate fully in various staff meetings/expectations.
- Adopt the posture of a lifelong learner, continually growing in skills and knowledge in areas covered by this ministry description.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The worship director is expected to put in not less than 48 hours per week. In general, this would include four weekdays in the office, Sunday responsibilities (early rehearsal and multiple worship services), plus small group involvement and other meetings/activities. As with all full-time ministry roles, this position both allows for and requires flexibility in work schedule.
- Must be maturing spiritually (Colossians 2:6-7) consistent with the 4 pillars and 3 Ws.
- Must be increasing in the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Must demonstrate a servant’s heart (Mark 10:42-45) and be teachable and humble (Philippians 2:3-7). 4. Must have elder potential (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-5). Though not serving in the role of pastor/elder, all male ministry staff should be on track to qualify.
- Must have strong musical skills: able to vocalize and play an instrument in a manner consistent with a contemporary worship style; and able to shepherd both instrumentalists and vocalists to be a team that effectively leads God’s people in worship.
- Must understand how to use media and technology in an effective way to contribute to worship.
- Must have strong organizational and relational abilities consistent with a ministry leadership role.
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, and excellence in leading within the established vision.
- Must be a ministry builder and equipper (Ephesians 4:11-12) with skill in recruiting, developing, evaluating, and encouraging volunteer leaders and teams.
- Must be able to motivate and direct others toward a consistent, fruitful development of quality disciples.
- Must be committed to ongoing improvement, with an understanding of both strengths and weaknesses.
- Would prefer some formal ministry training and paid staff experience in a mid- to large-sized church.
- Must be committed to the local church and active in building community (Acts 2:42-47).
- Must demonstrate an ability to relate well and work efficiently with his fellow staff members and all volunteer leaders and teams under his oversight.
- Must be in full agreement with the Harvest mission, doctrine, pillars, and approach to ministry and be convinced of their effectiveness in building the church.
- Must be aligned with Harvest affiliations and partnerships.
- Must agree to abide by the staff policy manual.
- Must be highly motivated and action oriented; a strong work ethic; a get-it-done kind of person.
- Must be willing to put in the hours necessary while maintaining a healthy personal and family life.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 8648 ]