Oakville, Ontario , L6H6E1
We feel God is calling us into a new vision: Introducing spiritually curious people to the Jesus-centred life through a movement of Jesus-centred churches. What does that mean? Through our Meeting House parishes and expressions across Southern Ontario and the Jesus Collective network, our desire is to honour God by proclaiming the irreligious message of Jesus and fostering loving communities of fully committed Christ-followers in a way that makes sense for that local context. We are all about Jesus first, which we believe results in our values of peace, simplicity, community, and mission. We are reimagining what it would look like to be a church that is fully activated for mission and engaging the spiritually curious around us. We are committed to evangelism and kingdom growth within our existing footprint and uniting with other Jesus-centred churches to amplify our Kingdom impact beyond our footprint in ways we have not imagined before. We need people who share excitement about this spirit-led vision and want to contribute their gifts, skills, expertise, and heart to this transformation! Check out our website for more details.
The Finance Director provides senior leadership to our financial modeling, fundraising strategy and using data and statistics to guide long term planning. This person brings senior level experience in all of these areas, and is able to balance leading people and strategy with a flexible and discerning understanding of business best practices with a love for Jesus, the church and people. The successful person in this role will be a collaborative, proactive and strategic leader who helps us think about our future of living out our vision of introducing spiritually curious people to the Jesus-centred life through a movement of Jesus-centred churches.
- Fully aligned with the message, theology and mission of The Meeting House
- Maintain and model spiritually thriving relationship with and passion for Jesus
- Theologically aligned with our denomination Be In Christ Church of Canada
- Excellent relational gifts and the ability to communicate clearly
- Highly collaborative leader who knows how to work through influence
- Considerable knowledge of effective business best practices and organizational history with a track record of getting things done
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively within a fast-paced organization
- Creative problem solver who can think outside of the box
- CPA designation is an asset
- 10+ years of senior level leadership experience
- Oversee the staff, their scopes, immediate and long-term strategies and execution of all functions within accounting, data management and stewardship
- Monitor the variance activity within all funds for all sources of income and expenses against budgets and collaborate with the Finance Manager to forecast financial projections against plans as required
- Develop the financial framework for new ministry strategies and initiatives
- Undertake the necessary data analysis to understand historical activity and project forward with recommendations to influence positive change
- Provide a high level and strategic view into key measurables and statistics to guide Senior Pastors and Leadership Team's evaluation and planning
- Oversee stewardship strategies (resource generation and fundraising) in collaboration with Senior Pastors that provides for our strategic plans and initiatives
- In cooperation with the Operations Director, oversee the entire insurance policy with our provider and ensure that we have adequate coverage arranged for all aspects of the organization
- In cooperation with the Operations Director, oversee the financial component of tracking and managing the organization’s assets
- Ensure proper compliance to governance/board requirements from a financial perspective, and charitable law
- Lead within your scope on the Leadership Team, participating in cross functional projects as required
- Attend board meetings as required, and present financial updates as needed at AGMs and Town Halls
Reports to: Senior Pastor
What We Offer
You will lead and work alongside amazing people in our community who love Jesus and are learning to put into practice what it means to follow Him. You will join a staff team who genuinely care for each other, love what they do and strive to work to the best of their abilities. None of us are superstars; we just try to authentically follow Jesus together. We are a fast-paced organization and are willing to try new things and experiment if we think something else will be more effective. We often fail first before finding what works best.
We offer a competitive benefits and RRSP plan, encourage and support professional development and continued learning, and provide the technological tools required to do the job, including a laptop and smartphone.
We believe that the body of Christ is unified when each of us is encouraged, recognized, and able to serve out of our gifts, and that the church is at its best when church leadership represents the communities in which we serve. At The Meeting House, we want to do better. We strongly encourage women and men, and people of all ethnicities and abilities who love Jesus and are aligned with our vision and values, to consider applying for a staff role.
We strive to achieve equality in the workplace, which means no one will be denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to fit for a role. We also understand employment equity means more than treating individuals in the same way but requires special measures and the accommodation of differences. In this way, we are following Jesus in our hiring practices to create a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the body of Christ.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 8660 ]