Director of Charitable Giving
Director of Charitable Giving
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y 1N5
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Each of our 11 ministries has a unique, bold vision to reach more people in a specific area of society who do not know Jesus, while equipping more Christians to share their faith. Do you want to be part of that mission? P2C is seeking a new Director of Charitable Giving who is passionate about championing a God-centered vision and has a desire to live out their Christian faith, beliefs and values while utilizing their God-given gifts and abilities.
We help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel.
The Development department identifies, cultivates and stewards “inspired” donors who support the mission and vision of P2C. Development collaborates with all ministries in sharing resources and together, maximizes kingdom strategic engagement opportunities. Using a donor-centric approach, the team conducts face-to-face relationship fundraising, foundation grants, and donor stewardship while reporting and liaising with the ministry relationship managers.
In this dynamic role, the Director of Charitable Giving will be primarily responsible for the major gift portfolio of donors with the focus on maintaining relationships with existing major donors and acquiring new donors while being involved with management, strategy, and execution using innovative and compelling approaches.
Reporting to the VP of Development, this strategic role will be responsible for the following objectives:
Relationship Management/Revenue Generation
- An active portfolio of donors (major donors, foundations, corporations and churches) is maintained with responsibility for the full scope of activities related to donors and stewardship of gifts.
- Relationships with prospective and existing donors are cultivated, strengthened, and maintained using a donor-centred approach while adding value to the donors’ lives through encouragement, challenge, discipleship and prayer using the CRM system to track conversations.
- Proposals are positioned, structured, and written to maximize successful closure.
- There are planned giving services and programs offered and presented to P2C donors.
- Revenue generation targets are met.
- Ministries are resourced when needed in the area of development.
- Working with the VP of Development, there is a plan for overall revenue generation to help P2C meet its revenue goals.
- Key revenue and activity dashboard reports are developed and maintained including quarterly revenue forecasts by area.
- In coordination with other departments, there is donor database integrity and foundational processes within the CRM.
- Donor engagement activities of the Development Team are managed.
- Donor fulfillment activities, to ensure donors receive appropriate reports and relevant information are managed.
- Create and maintain major donor proposal management and reporting fulfillment processes, including required support systems.
Strategy and Leadership Development
- There is a foundational donor engagement process implemented to ensure donor retention, donor qualification and increased revenue generation in collaboration with the Marketing Communication department. (ex. Lapsed donor, new donor, and second gift programs)
- Guidance and support are given to focus area teams to develop/design corporate partnerships and proposals.
- New and/or expanded existing channels are developed to increase and diversify P2C’s revenue mix (ex. church, foundation, business, etc.)
- Assistance is provided in the development of a Legacy program.
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- Demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated passion to see lives transformed through the knowledge of Jesus Christ across Canada and around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or another related field.
- 5+ year’s leadership experience in development with an emphasis on major gift donations within a non-profit organization and experience in a middle to senior level management position.
- Successful career raising over $1,000,000 per year from a portfolio of donors (comparable experience in corporate sales will be considered).
- Experience at the executive level and in developing and presenting strategy, reports and direction to leaders, the public and the board of directors.
- Experience closing multiple corporate sponsorships and foundation grants.
- Experience writing business plans and proposals.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices.
- Experience in relating skillfully and sensitively to the various Christian traditions and their communities and churches.
- Willing to work flexible hours as some evenings, weekends and travel will be required.
- Team player who genuinely cares for donors and desires to serve our ministries.
- Well-established Christian network (considered an asset).
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 8673 ]