Summer Camp Group Leader
Summer Camp Group Leader
Toronto, Ontario , M4K 2S3
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
Our employees tell us one of the many reasons they love working at YSM is the people. We’re passionate about our work to help struggling neighbours move from merely surviving to thriving. If you’re looking for a great place where you can do meaningful and challenging work, this could be the opportunity for you.
Our Summer Camp Team is seeking full-time temporary Summer Camp Leaders (8 weeks). The Summer Camp Group Leader will work in child, youth and community development with children and youth living in the Regent Park, St. Jamestown, Moss Park and Cabbagetown neighbourhoods. The Camp Staff will serve at our Tech day camp and potential overnight camp week.
If you enjoy working with children and youth, then an unforgettable Summer opportunity awaits you!
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Coordinate, inspire and supervise children and youth at day camp and possibly at a 5 day overnight camp
- Aid in the planning and facilitating of all aspects of day camp and possibly overnight camp
- Provide leadership for indoor and outdoor sports, arts & crafts projects, multi-media projects, field trips, teaching, cooking and other organized activities over an 8-week period
- Engage camp participants to build stronger relationships, develop leadership skills, overcome social barriers and foster recognition that they have the capacity to improve their own communities
- Assist in integrating developmentally delayed and emotionally challenged children into camp programs
- Participate in the planning and implementing of a community carnival, a talent show and special events
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- Dynamic and enthusiastic, with a passion for and knowledge of children and youth from under resourced areas with experience in a multicultural multi-faith setting
- Previous camp facilitating experience (ie. group leader / director) is an asset
- Leadership and ability to motivate children and youth in a high energy setting
- Team builders, flexible, resilient, with a teachable spirit
- Able to work at overnight camp (one week – Monday to Friday)
- Media and Tech skills (ie. video / music editing, animation and coding) are an asset
- Creative thinking and skill to help develop and plan multi-media projects for children
- Patient, positive, hardworking and reliable; with recreational & artistic skills
It is our hope that our camp will be offered in-person, however due to potential COVID-19 restrictions we may have to pivot to an on-line virtual format. In either event, we will need Camp Staff on our team.
Deadline For Applications: April 23, 2021
Start Date: June 21, 2021
To apply, please click on this link to submit resume and cover letter.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website: www.ysm.ca.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8675 ]