Summer Camp Program Coordinator
Summer Camp Program Coordinator
Toronto, Ontario , M4K 2S3
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
Our employees tell us one of the many reasons they love working at YSM is the people. We’re passionate about our work to help struggling neighbours move from merely surviving to thriving. If you’re looking for a great place where you can do meaningful and challenging work, this could be the opportunity for you.
Our Summer Camp Team is seeking full-time temporary Summer Camp Program Coordinator (10 weeks). The Summer Camp Group Program Coordinator will work in child, youth and community development with children and youth living in the Regent Park, St. Jamestown, Moss Park and Cabbagetown neighbourhoods. All Camp Staff will serve at our Tech day camp and potential overnight camp week.
If you enjoy working with children and youth, then an unforgettable Summer opportunity awaits you!
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Plan a 6-week Summer Camp program for children; booking field trips, buses and purchasing equipment necessary for the good operation of the program
- Facilitate a 2-week orientation for the Summer Camp staff team; ensuring that all staff are fully prepared and equipped for the Summer Camp experience
- Aid in the planning and facilitating of all aspects of day camp and possibly overnight camp
- Provide leadership for indoor and outdoor sports, arts & crafts projects, multimedia projects, field trips, teaching, cooking and other organized activities over an 8-week period
- Engage camp participants to build stronger community, develop leadership skills, overcome social barriers and foster recognition that they have the capacity to improve their own communities
- Provide mentorship and additional training opportunities for Camp Leaders
- Provide opportunities for developmentally and emotionally challenged children to participate in activities
- Participate in the planning and implementing of an end of Summer activity (ie. Carnival)
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- Previous camp experience in a senior leadership role is required
- You have a demonstrated love for the outdoors and desire to share this with those around you
- You are dynamic and enthusiastic – a multitasker, with a knowledge of children and youth development, with experience in under resourced areas and a multicultural multi-faith setting
- Exceptional leadership and ability to motivate the staff team, as well as children and youth
- You must be a keen team builder, flexible, resilient, with a teachable spirit
- Able to work at overnight camp *potentially (one week – Monday to Friday)
- Media and Tech skills (ie. video / music editing, animation and coding) are an asset
- Creative thinking and skilled to help develop and plan multimedia projects for children
- Patient, positive, hardworking, reliable with recreational & artistic skills
It is our hope that our camp will be offered in-person, however due to potential Covid-19 restrictions we may have to pivot to an on-line virtual format. In either event, we will need Camp Staff on our team.
Deadline For Applications: April 23, 2021
Start Date: June 7, 2021
To apply, please click on this link to submit your resume and cover letter.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website: www.ysm.ca.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 8678 ]