Toronto, Ontario , M3H 4Y8
Reports to: Executive Director
Contract type: Full time, permanent salaried
Position start date: Immediate
Location: North York Office (base) with rotational monthly visits to other offices
Requirements: Ability to work 2 evenings weekly and travel to 4 office locations
The Operations Director assists the Executive Director with leadership responsibilities for the overall operations of Pregnancy Care Centre Toronto. The Operations Director works as the system administrator for client, volunteer, donor management software using the Salesforce platform. The primary areas of responsibility include office & financial systems, administration, and human resource leadership.
- Demonstrated compassion for the lives of women in crisis pregnancies and for their unborn babies. Staff must be non-judgmental and receptive in approach, and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards individuals, churches, and organizations.
- Disposition to work co-operatively and respectfully with others; demonstrate flexibility in organizing work; show a high degree of initiative, discernment, and resourcefulness; have good communication skills; and demonstrate thoughtfulness in decision-making and maintain a high level of confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstration in word and deed of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. PCC staff is expected to role model in attitude, speech, and actions the Christian convictions of the PCC. Staff is expected to explain PCC’s religious beliefs and practices to all clients, donors, visitors, and callers. Staff is required to find resources and give assistance and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a manner consistent with the Statement of Faith and Mission Statement, to all those who inquire.
- Staff Leadership & Human Resource Management 30% time)
- Monitors client interaction with staff and volunteers
- Trains, mentors, and provides relief support for staff who are absent due to illness, vacations or scheduled time away.
- Regularly visit staff in different office environments to help and encourage them in the work.
- Provides ongoing training, emotional and spiritual support to staff team.
- Ensures adequate scheduling of staff at all locations.
- Reviews staff performance and recommends policies, programs, and practices for the flourishing of the PCC team in their roles.
Client Services Oversight (30% time)
- Seeks to enhance and improve client services provided through PCC offices so that families can flourish.
- Facilitates medical support for clients without OHIP or a family doctor to get access laboratory and ultrasound clinics to confirm and monitor pregnancy.
- Builds linkages with like minded community agencies who can provide resources for PCC clients to overcome barriers including housing, employment, mental health, post natal home support, and caring for children with special needs.
- Shares in the client support responsibilities of the Pregnancy Care Centre and is familiar with all aspects of client care from being a point of contact on the phone with incoming phone calls, text messages, chat messages, recording messages and interacting with clients seeking Pregnancy Care Centre services.
- Recommends improvements to policies and procedures for client services.
- Monitors the referral process of PCC clients being helped by pregnancy support team volunteers with partner churches.
- Works with Executive Director in client services program evaluations.
Office and System Administration (30% of time)
- Assists staff members in preparing dashboards and running reports related to clients services, volunteers, and donations.
- Purchases supplies for the offices and client services.
- Works with the Bookkeeper, and staff processing donations to ensure accurate records prepares yearly tax receipts for donors.
- Reconciles monthly donation reports from Quickbooks to ensure correct transfer of financial records to Salesforce.
- Works with the Development Director to prepare donor communications, mailing labels and administrative supports for special events.
- Works with to the Executive Director to plan and execute changes in the administration of systems for improved efficiency of operations.
Team Responsibilities (10% of time)
- Assists PCC team members in the execution of special events including Spring Fundraiser, Fall Dinner, Client Social Activities, Prayer Sessions
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of experience in church leadership, social service supervision or nonprofit management.
- Demonstrated spiritual leadership with strong bible knowledge and application to PCC work.
- Educational background in human resources or nonprofit management an asset.
- Demonstrated familiarity with CMS software like Salesforce.
- Proficient in the Microsoft office software, and accounting programs like QuickBooks
- Ability to supervise and to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Self-starter, able to work towards goals with little supervision and works independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills.&
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects.
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for service
- Strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, able to represent the organization when interacting with other social service organizations.
- A valid driving license, use of a personal car and willingness to travel as required.
- Ability to work flexible hours often during evenings and weekends.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 8685 ]