GRADE 3 CLASSROOM TEACHER
GRADE 3 CLASSROOM TEACHER
TORONTO, Ontario , M9B 1Z6
Full-Time, commencing the 2021/2022 school year
The purpose of this position is to plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, providing organized activities to promote the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual development of all the Grade 3 children, integrating a Biblical perspective into program design.
Key responsibilities & expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and conducting balanced program of activities
- Teaching skills and concepts consistent with the written curriculum of Ont. paired with Olivet’s curricular goals
- Establishing and enforcing classroom-level rules
- Implementing Morning Worship
- Adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs, learning styles and abilities
- Observing, evaluating, and documenting children's performance, behaviour, social development, and physical health
- Providing a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Conferring with parents/guardians on a regular basis
- Ensure that the appropriate level curriculum is covered over the course of the year.
- Managing the grade 3 budget
- Weaving Olivet School’s guiding principles into all endeavors
- Attend school related events outside of regular school hours, such as music events, etc.
- Duties beyond the preparation and teaching of the core courses include classroom management, assessments and report cards, weekly-monthly communication with parents, attendance records, dismissal, and conducting parent/teacher conferences
- Other duties: Sharing of recess supervision, attendance at faculty meetings, attendance at August and June meetings, professional development meetings as applicable, shared volunteer duties
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with a minimum 5 years’ experience
- working in a classroom setting and/or related work experience with children
- Commitment to upholding the core Christian beliefs of the New Church in attitude, word and actions as well as a thorough understanding of New Church Education
- If not already familiar with New Church concepts & curriculum, will require specific course of study prior to hiring
- Willingness to partake in ongoing professional development through the General Church Office of Education
- Energy and enthusiasm for the job, plus patience and excellent interpersonal & communication skills with children, parents/guardian, colleagues
- OCT certified or able to apply
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 8690 ]