Regional Representative, Quebec
Regional Representative, Quebec
Victoria, British Columbia , V8X 1R1
Mercy Ships Canada is a faith based charity that follows the model of Jesus and seeks to love and serve those in need, be people of integrity, and be people of excellence in all that we say and do.
Mercy Ships provides free surgeries and medical training in Africa using hospital ships. Each year more than 1,200 volunteers from around the world join Mercy Ships to donate their time and skills. Mercy Ships has worked in more than 56 nations, providing services and treatment to more than 2.68 million individuals. Mercy Ships Canada supports surgical and medical training projects that align with the global organization’s core values and goals.
Who You Are
You are a strategic and agile thinker with demonstrated experience (or with proven transferable skills) in communications, recruiting and motivating volunteers, fundraising, partnership development and management.
You are a bilingual*, passionate, self-directed, motivated individual who is inspired by our work. While based in Quebec, you are excited by the opportunity to introduce and represent Mercy Ships Canada in the Francophone communities across Canada. You have experience working remotely, cross-culturally and with national and international colleagues.
You care deeply for the world's forgotten poor and are comfortable with a Christian faith-based and parachurch communities.
*Excellent French and English skills (written and oral) are required for this position.
If you are not sure that your credentials are a 100 percent fit with this position, we encourage you to apply so you can clearly demonstrate how your transferable skills could be applied to the charity sector and how you might fit into our future.
Mercy Ships Canada values the diversity of the people it works with and serves. We foster a work environment in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter in both French and English to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 3, 2021. Our ideal candidate would be available to start in late June if possible. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The role is to help implement the mission of Mercy Ships Canada in a designated region or linguistics community within Canada. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the role is to identify, equip and mobilize volunteers and donors. The Regional Representative is the “face” of Mercy Ships Canada within a designated area.
The Regional Representative is accountable for building in-person, on-line and social-media relationships with potential volunteers, alumni, professional associations, academic communities, community service groups, pastors/ministry leaders, and others to create awareness and increase the number of volunteer crew and donations. Success in this role is demonstrated in meeting volunteer recruitment and volunteer staffing objectives and increased financial support for the organization.
The position requires a high-level cross-organizational communication with Mercy Ships Canada colleagues and between the various departments in the International Support Centre and our hospital ships and external audiences.
The position works with a diverse group of stakeholders, partners, alumni, volunteers and donors. The staff member will be tasked with focusing on the following key accountabilities:
Volunteer Crew Services
- Building new and maintaining existing relationships.
- Assisting in setting and monitoring progress of the annual Canadian volunteer crew recruitment and staffing targets and strategy.
- Identifying volunteer crew leads and collecting pertinent information from individuals in their application process.
- Informing potential volunteer crew about the full range of volunteer service opportunities while focusing on achieving quarterly recruiting priorities.
- Utilizing customer service skills and knowledge of Mercy Ships Canada volunteer and fundraising policies to correctly advise volunteers in a timely manner.
- Leading in the preparation, development and monitoring of volunteer crew service budgets to ensure alignment with existing polices.
- Building relationships with Mercy Ships Canada alumni, by coordinating re-entry support, supporting alumni communications, fostering a Speaker’s Network and by encouraging and supporting alumni fundraising initiatives for Mercy Ships Canada.
Donor & Fundraising Services
- Encouraging, supporting volunteer crew on their fundraising efforts for Mercy Ships Canada, and assisting them with their fundraising effort.
- Creating and cultivating relationships with new and existing market level, mid-level and major donors to secure future investments in the work of Mercy Ships Canada.
- Participate in and contribute to the development and implementation of the Mercy Ships Canada social media strategy.
- Researching individuals, organizations and foundations in terms of their alignment, inclination and capacity to support the work of Mercy Ships.
Communications & Administrative Services
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software platforms to update databases regularly and perform analysis to track relationships and other relevant activities.
- Plan, execute and present Mercy Ships Canada-related presentations either electronically or in-person.
- As needed, assist with either virtual or live events, conferences or other activities.
- Manage and submit reports for personal expenses, time sheets and domestic travel.
- Provide additional support to fellow team members and Mercy Ships Canada Staff as required.
- Actively participate in all-staff meetings.
- Meet periodically with Supervisor.
- An empathetic and outgoing team player who is also able to work remotely and independently.
- A pleasant personality with demonstrated ability to take on responsibility for addressing customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to communicate policies and procedures to a wide range of individuals and develop effective and professional relationships with volunteers.
- Excellent telephone, email and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Computer Skill: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with the following systems considered an asset: VISTA human resources management software, Raisin fundraising platform system, QLik exploratory data analytic software, and Donor Perfect or other customer relationship management software.
- Knowledge of and experience working with social media platforms, social media management tools, analytics, CRS, graphic design.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in customer service, administration, coordination, volunteer management and/or fundraising or equivalent experience.
- The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of current trends, resources, and information related to volunteerism and fundraising.
- Must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- The ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and at times work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities.
Qualifications & Education
- Supportive of the mission and vision of Mercy Ships, and commitment to its core values.
- Bilingual with Fluency in French and English required.
- University bachelor’s degree in fields related to business administration, human resources, social sciences, international development, communications, volunteer management, fundraising or relevant education and/or experience.
- Clean criminal record check.
- Working remotely from your home, ideally in Quebec.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 8696 ]