Are you passionate about helping people who are homeless transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles? This is your opportunity! Apply today!
The Wellness Advocate is committed to helping people who are homeless transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles. The purpose of this position is to facilitate the case management of clients in our hub locations. It will connect clients with any needed external and internal resources. The position will be in our new partner locations throughout the city and will require strong collaborative practice with other agencies.
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Reporting to: Wellness Centre Supervisor
Location: Neighbor Centre Hub, Calgary
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with new clients and do the Mustard Seed General Intake, getting new clients referred as quickly as possible to other internal programs;
- Educate and empower clients to understand and achieve their rights and responsibilities, as participating members of society;
- Liaise with internal and external resources that will help clients increase their assets. This includes maintaining existing partnerships as well as developing new partnerships;
- Engage with the community to develop appropriate programming and build partnerships with other agencies within the community;
- Refer clients directly to internal and external resources;
- Advocate for clients as needed, both to access resources within and outside the organization;
- Ensure clients accessed external resources by completing follow up with clients and agencies;
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary;
- Provide input into program evaluation upon request;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Build a comprehensive library and knowledge base on community resources;
- Share and disseminate community resource information;
- Track assigned clients’ progress with external resources;
- Communicate relevant information to Caseworker about interactions with clients and observed behavior;
- Document client interactions, client referrals and client progress on HMIS;
- Track statistics and prepare reports, as required;
- Attend meetings and training, as assigned;
- Serve on internal and external committees, as requested; Provide input into the development of policies and procedures for designated programs;
- Keep clients’ records and information confidential, updated and secure.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- BSW or Bachelor in Psychology or equivalent;
- Three to five years of related working experience;
- Competent in use of MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent administrative, time management and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
- Strong ability to facilitate and develop programs.
- Time in excess of regular working hours may be required on occasion
- Weekday evening hours required
- Local travel to various Mustard Seed sites and external agencies will be required
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- This position requires the use of a company vehicle. Candidate must have and maintain valid driver’s license and will need to consent to a driver’s abstract request
Compensation & Benefits
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days.
Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please. Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 8712 ]