Director, Finance & Accounting
Director, Finance & Accounting
Toronto, Ontario , M9W6H3
- Status/Type: Regular Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Job Team: National – National Resource Centre
- Deadline: Open until filled
Our staff walk alongside and support young people from childhood through to young adulthood. We welcome young people to spend significant time at our camps and to establish communities of faith with their high school, college, university and workplace peers. We are especially interested in helping young people navigate significant transitions in life: from high school to college and university, and from there into workplaces.
This mission is carried out through nine camps and more than 60 communities of faith in high schools, colleges, universities and workplaces across Canada and is a part of the wider IFES movement (International Fellowship of Evangelical Students) serving in over 150 countries around the world.
So where do you come in, you ask?
- Are you an experienced, humble Finance & Accounting professional with strong people skills and leadership ability who is willing to “roll-up your sleeves and be in the trenches” with staff teams?
- Are you a faithful and committed follower of Jesus who understands the challenges of reaching children, youth and young adults in the current world climate?
- Do you get excited about working alongside an organization’s senior leadership teams, CEO and Board of Directors to keep the financial well-being of the organization in a healthy state for such a cause?
We are seeking a Director of Finance & Accounting who is excited about the mission of InterVarsity and committed to partnering with our leadership teams to move the ministry into its next chapter. We require someone who:
- Can guide the financial strategy and planning of the ministry by analyzing its performance and risks;
- Is comfortable managing multiple priorities such as leading the Finance Team, providing team pastoral care, doing some hands-on accountancy and handling operational issues;
- Can establish, build and maintain strong internal and external relationships and help the shared leadership team rework and build the systems and processes required to keep the ministry financially healthy, equipped and thriving.
If you answered a resounding yes to the questions posed above, can meet the objectives we’re seeking to fulfil and are excited about our mission and purpose, we definitely want to hear from you!
See the full job description.
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to submit to InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 9244 ]