Orillia, Ontario , L3V 6S2
- Position Type: Full-time
- Salary Range: $18.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Applications Accepted By:
- E-mail: email@example.com
Attention: Lieutenant Matt Trottier
Please no phone calls
- Mail:157 Coldwater Road West
P.O. Box 2309
Orillia ON L3V 6S2
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are four Core Values of The Salvation Army:
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
Youth Work – Oversee all youth programs within the Corps and Community & Family Services
- Plan and facilitate all children and youth programs. Midweek and Sunday School.
- Be actively involved in outreach to the children and youth we connect with through our Community and Family Services.
- Be actively involved in Corps outreach programs/events.
- Initiate or re-establish programs for children, youth.
- Facilitate Jr. Soldier classes.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of nursery, Sunday school and youth equipment.
- Lead Children’s Time during Sunday Morning Worship Meeting
- Ensure all requirements are fulfilled for Camp at Home (Summer VBS)
- Be the liaison to the divisional Camp At Home ministries
- Volunteer recruitment for all ministries in your purview.
- Recording of accurate statistics in Samis.
- Review the needs of the Corps and Community, develop a strategy with the C.O.
- Ability to speak publicly, giving updates to corps family and relevant, engaging devotions to children and youth during programs.
- Reporting to senior Leadership when called upon.
- Praying with and for children, youth and families and leading them to faith in Jesus Christ as opportunity permits.
- Provide spiritual care for children, youth and their families including effective follow-up of spiritual decisions made by children and youth and discipleship.
- Network with community partners to share resources to address community needs.
- Support The Salvation Army Divisional and Regional Youth events.
- Other duties as determined by The Salvation Army Orillia Corps Officers.
Community & Family Services (with the oversight of the Corps Officer)
- Will work in this capacity when programs are on hiatus during the summer and around the Christmas season
- Work cooperatively as part of the team for all clients
- Attend community meetings as requested by Corps Officers
- Pick up food or donations as necessary
- Assist with Christmas food hamper and toy distribution as necessary
- Assist with kettle campaign as necessary
- Assist with other community fund raising as necessary
- Teachable Spirit/provides and takes direction/ a willingness to be coached
- College Diploma in youth or community-based program
- Minimum 2-year prior related experience
- Commitment to Christ and Christian teaching
- Experience developing programming for children and youth
- Ability to work with children and youth of all ages
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team of employees, local leadership and volunteers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Experience with recruiting and directing volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting at meetings, churches, workshops, community groups, formal and informal gatherings
- Able to represent The Salvation Army and the Christian faith with integrity and in a positive/pleasant manner
- Excellent computer skills and an ability to work with a variety of software programs and online social media platforms in order to facilitate ministry
- Understanding of and adherence to The Salvation Army’s Values, Vision, and Doctrines
- A sensitivity to pastoral concerns and a strict discipline of confidentiality, recognizing the rights and trust of the individual.
- Able to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening and Child Abuse Registry clearance
- Participate with The Salvation Army’s training including, annual on line Armatus – anti Abuse Training
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9349 ]