Brantford, Ontario , N3R 7X5
The Open Door is a Free Methodist congregation in Brantford, ON seeking a full-time Associate Pastor who will creatively pioneer new missional communities with a focus on young adults. We share space with a Christian drop-in centre, partnering in ministry to our economically and ethnically diverse neighbourhood. We are looking for a passionate leader with fresh ideas to connect us with a younger demographic in our wider community.
What You’ll be Doing
- Developing a plan to expand our ministry in the community
- Equipping the existing congregation to be effective workers in the plan
- Forming and giving pastoral leadership to new communities of seekers/believers beyond the existing congregation
What You Need to Have
- Experience in developing relationships and service opportunities with individuals and organizations in the community
- Able to work with marginalized population
- Strong communication skills including social media platforms
- Willingness to be credentialled by the Free Methodist Church in Canada
Brantford is a growing city of 100,000, midway between Toronto and London, well situated for whatever social or cultural activities are of interest. Diverse ethnically and culturally, it is home to a world class theatre, an extensive network of trails, and a 3,000 student campus of Laurier University.
For a detailed job description contact Greg Pulham (Lead Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9705 ]