Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Pastor of Mission and Discipleship
Pastor of Mission and Discipleship
Oakville, Ontario , L6M 4J4
Forestview Church in Oakville, Ontario, is seeking a passionate follower of Jesus to fill the role of Pastor of Mission & Discipleship.
At Forestview, we strive to be a community where people meet Jesus and become more like Him. We are looking for a person who feels called by God to join our community and help us grow as disciples of Jesus.
The Pastor of Mission & Discipleship will have the responsibility of meeting, recruiting, training and developing volunteer leaders within the Forestview community to engage in outreach ministries in the Halton region.
We are looking for a person with both skill and passion for seeing people integrated into the life of the church and helping them grow in spiritual maturity. This person will also help lead and mobilize the Forestview community to serve others outside of our church walls, with a particular emphasis on love and service to the poor and the marginalized.
Applicants with post-secondary education, as well as theological training, and ministry experience are preferred.
Forestview is a non-denominational congregation of 300+ people. While we have Brethren roots, we self-identify as an independent, missional, broadly evangelical church that collaborates with other like-minded congregations across Canada. We are a member of Vision Ministries Canada. As a church, we are committed to incarnational missional ministry throughout the Halton region.
Hours: 40+ hours/week
Coach and Direct Reports: Lead Pastor
Teams: Staff Team, Next Door Ministry Team, etc.
Starting Date: TBD
Skills & Strengths:
- Demonstrates a passion for Jesus and the Bible
- Leading discipleship and walking with people in their faith journey
- Engaging people in a mission
- Strong interpersonal and connecting skills - invigorated by social connections, good at initiating conversation
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Recruits, leads and motivates volunteer teams
- Creative risk-taker (entrepreneurial)
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Defines and meet objectives and goals
- Confident and flexible in dynamic situations
Pastor of Mission & Discipleship is Primarily Responsible for:
- Leading and enhancing our Welcome Ministry
- Leading and growing our ‘Covenant Communities’ Ministry (small groups)
- Leading and growing our existing outreach ministries, particularly Next Door Social Space and Rolling Horse
- Building new outreach ministries based out of the Forestview Dundas St building
- Participation on & Leadership of our Missions’ Team
- Part of the Pastoral Team - working with staff and key volunteers to care pastorally for the congregation
- Part of the Staff Team - Attend regular meetings with other staff and collaborate on the leadership of the church
- Part of the Teaching Team - providing occasional teaching on Sunday mornings & other venues including Wednesday night Youth
- Reporting to the Lead Pastor - Bi-weekly coaching and check-in meetings with Lead Pastor
- Oversight of church database on Church Centre platform
- Leadership to certain annual events & seasonal ministries - ie. Annual Together Market, Seasonal Bee Program
- Other duties as required by Lead Pastor
If you believe that God is calling you to this position, please submit your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 10272 ]