Stouffville, Ontario , L4A 3X1
Reports To: Facility Manager
Schedule: Part-time at 20 hours/week
- The Custodian often represents Springvale and great care should be taken to make a positive and professional appearance in all circumstances.
- Ability to identify problems, seek solutions, provide on-the-spot corrective action or pass concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Has all facilities unlocked when scheduled for use and locked when unoccupied.
- Is continuously diligent to the physical and personal security of facilities and persons.
- Is constantly alert to the physical and personal issues of health, welfare, and safety.
- Accountable for exemplary completion of facilities up-keep on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Due to scheduling, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Monitors facilities set-up, usage, and teardown, as well as reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Spot cleans, tends to trash overflow, as well as any other immediate health and welfare issues while on duty.
- Supplies washrooms and kitchens with paper products and cleaning supplies.
- Cleaning and preparing the auditorium for services including garbage pick-up and filling the chair pockets with the appropriate items.
- Help the Facility Manager as needed on special projects on the property.
- Small property maintenance tasks such as weeding and pruning.
- Will have the option to work rental events for additional pay outside normal hours.
- An ongoing relationship with Jesus as demonstrated by active involvement in prayer, Bible study and regular church service.
- Ability to carry out the performance of tasks with a servant’s heart.
- Ability to work in/around facilities, storerooms, and maintenance areas in confined spaces and climb heights up to 50 feet.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (e.g. equipment, office supplies, yard equipment).
- Must be organized and able to multi-task. Attention to detail is key.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish solid working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and schedule cleaning tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Some weekend hours required.
Springvale Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 10298 ]